We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Quote from: lossendae at Oct 22, 2009, 07:21 PM

Have you tried another MYSQL version as splittingred suggested?

I’m referring to connecting to a remote server running MySQL 5.0.45, using Safari (hence, no firebug), but getting no love - and judging by watching the output of "top" on the server during the request for System Settings, it doesn’t appear that MySQL is the problem...

As far as I can tell, the problem is also not in the requests for the uncompressed JS files, network latency in general, or on the client side. Whatever is happening seems to be either in Apache, or in the PHP code itself.

Can anyone tell me if there is any built-in debugging or trace ability in MODx/Revo? Or if there is a plugin that might help me explain where the request is getting bottle-necked?

Also, if anyone has already done any server (Apache/MySQL/PHP) optimization for MODx, I’d definitely appreciate some guidance - in particular where MODx might have particular sensitivities with regard to server tuning parameters.
    • stephenrs, is it possible you don’t have the json extension enabled in your PHP configuration? Also, we are talking about beta4 now, correct?
        • 32 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 22, 2009, 08:31 PM

stephenrs, is it possible you don’t have the json extension enabled in your PHP configuration? Also, we are talking about beta4 now, correct?

json is enabled (v1.2.1), but I’m still on beta3. Would you expect a significant difference in the new beta? In any case, I’ll upgrade and report back...but any other suggestions are welcomed...
          • 4,149 Posts
          You will see a lot of bugfixes in beta4; plus the install speed is vastly improved. The manager UI will also be smoother.

For beta5, we’re optimizing Revo to be PHP 5.1+ only, fixing IE-related issues, and locking down the manager. We’ll probably also address manager UI optimizations at that point as well (like enabling JS compression).
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com