We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: Mortal at Sep 12, 2009, 08:57 PM

I found the problem to define the way the file ’build.config.php’ in my case the directory is called RevB3:

**** With ’build.config.php’

2. define(’MODX_BASE_PATH’, dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . ’//’);

When you run ’build.schema.php’ I get this error:

>>>> Warning: include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core//core/model/modx/modx.class.php

Watch "RevB3\core//core/"

****And with ’build.config.php’

2. define(’MODX_BASE_PATH’, dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . ’/RevB3/’);

When you run ’build.schema.php’ I get this error:

>>>> Warning: include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core/RevB3/core/model/modx/modx.class.php)

Watch "\RevB3\core/RevB3/core/"

***And the file "modx.class.php" I found it in

C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core/model/modx/modx.class.php

How do I fix this?

The error might be coming from the first line "MODX_BASE_PATH", you forgot to put the directory name.

Try the replacing the line with following code:

<?php
    define('MODX_BASE_PATH', dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . '/RevB3/');

• 49 Posts

He had already proven

Warning: include_once(C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core/RevB3/core/model/modx/modx.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core\components\storefinder\trunk\_build\build.schema.php on line 15

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core/RevB3/core/model/modx/modx.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core\components\storefinder\trunk\_build\build.schema.php on line 15

Fatal error: Class 'modX' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core\components\storefinder\trunk\_build\build.schema.php on line 16

lossendae:
      Have you tried it?
      • In build.config.php, all you need to define is the same as what is in the config.core.php files in your installation, e.g. mine looks like this:
        <?php
        define('MODX_CORE_PATH', '/opt/local/apache2/htdocs/modx2.0.0/core/');
        define('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');
        ?>

MODX_CORE_PATH simply needs to point at your core/ directory location...
          • 49 Posts

I have made the installation of Revolution, which comes by default.
          And the tutorial copy and paste, just rename the directory because it was different.

<?php
          define('MODX_BASE_PATH', dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))))) . '/RevB3/');
          define('MODX_CORE_PATH', MODX_BASE_PATH . 'core/');
          define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', MODX_BASE_PATH . 'manager/');
          define('MODX_CONNECTORS_PATH', MODX_BASE_PATH . 'connectors/');
          define('MODX_ASSETS_PATH', MODX_BASE_PATH . 'assets/');

Tomorrow I will try again.
          And now I see it, nor is closed the script "?>"
            • 45 Posts
            Quote from: Mortal at Sep 13, 2009, 04:55 AM

And now I see it, nor is closed the script "?>"

Script closing tag "?>" is optional. In fact, including it can lead to problematic output as there might be whitespace characters in the file after the tag who will then be output directly. This prevents MODx from controlling headers sent to the browser, as they must be sent before any output. So I’m guessing that the developers will say the missing tag is not a bug, it is a feature grin
            • FYI, you only need to set the MODX_CORE_PATH and MODX_CONFIG_KEY -- the others are optional if you want to override what they are in your configuration; otherwise it will use the values from the configuration you specify in MODX_CONFIG_KEY.

And yes, the missing end tag is on purpose; a habit I’ve gotten into after hours of debugging stange problems you might say... wink
                • 49 Posts

Took the lead, changed the error by the following:

[2009-09-13 13:33:01] (ERROR @ /RevB3/core/components/storefinder/trunk/_build/build.schema.php)

Error parsing XML schema on line 1: Not well-formed (invalid token)

Execution time: 3.3785 s
                [2009-09-13 13:33:02] (WARN @ C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core\xpdo\om\xpdoobject.class.php : 932)

PHP notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered

With this address
                <?php
                define('MODX_CORE_PATH', 'C:/xampp/htdocs/RevB3/core/');
                define('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');
                ?>

I’m starting all over again.
                  • 49 Posts
                  Fix a mistake, but I still have this:

Execution time: 0.2441 s
                  [2009-09-13 14:09:30] (WARN @ C:\xampp\htdocs\RevB3\core\xpdo\om\xpdoobject.class.php : 932)

PHP notice: A non well formed numeric value encountered

I’ll be a few hours outside, I’m after.
                  • It’s just a notice due to some date handling in xPDO; you can safely ignore it for now. It will be fixed soon.