We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,149 Posts
    Revolution 2.0.0-beta-4 will be concentrating on the following issues/fixes:

* Resolving the Security section of the manager, making it more streamlined and intuitive.
    * Updating the Official MODx Revolution Documentation, specifically the Security section.
    * Speeding up the Setup process, so that install takes less time and uses less memory. See MODX-1080, MODX-1073, MODX-621 and others.
    * Fixing Property Set issues such as MODX-1125, MODX-1123, MODX-1134, MODX-1122 and others.
    * Fixing an issue where the build script (and subsequently setup) was not removing the core/packages/core/ directory, therefore doubling each time the size of the core.transport.zip.

Issues in green have already been resolved.

If you have anything else you would like considered, please say so in this thread, or vote for the issues you’d like prioritized in JIRA.

Thanks,
    The MODx Core Development Team
      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • 24,544 Posts
      It would help me immensely if the Manager layout was finalized and frozen, although I can understand if it’s not a priority.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • I don’t really think the Manager layout is close to frozen until all the core functionality is finalized a beta or two from now.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 4,149 Posts
          Honestly, unless someone else steps up to the plate, it for all intents and purposes is frozen. Some of the parts of the UI might change slightly, but the general look-and-feel at this current pace wont change.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: splittingred at Aug 15, 2009, 11:40 PM

Honestly, unless someone else steps up to the plate, it for all intents and purposes is frozen. Some of the parts of the UI might change slightly, but the general look-and-feel at this current pace wont change.

The reason I mentioned it is that I made some concrete suggestions on Jira quite a while ago for moving a few things around on the Main Menu. I don’t feel strongly at all about the suggestions, but it would make my life infinitely easier if they were implemented soon or not at all. Obviously MODx development takes precedence over my needs. I just thought I’d mention it in case a decision on them was in the pipeline.

My MODX Extras
              • 58 Posts
              Hi guys, slightly off topic and apologies if it is covered somewhere else, but what is the projected release date for revolution, i.e the finished product with upgrade from evolution, working ditto, or ditto replacement, and all other commonly used plugins and snippets? I am very eager to start using this in a multisite/subdomain capacity and would like to help with any testing but so far the necessary plugins etc just aren’t in place plus last tiem I lokked there was no easy way to upgrade from evolution. :-(
              • Hello heimdall,

Ditto and possible Ditto replacement (getResources) are already available for MODx Revolution.

That is also the case for Ultimate Parent, Wayfinder, Reflect, login (basic weblogin snippet) and quip (basic comment system).

With those, you can start testing anytime smiley
                  • 58 Posts
                  OK, I’ll give it another go at the weekend, is there any tool for upgrading my evolution site yet, last time I looked there was quite a complicated hack to do it?
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: heimdall at Aug 26, 2009, 11:01 AM

OK, I’ll give it another go at the weekend, is there any tool for upgrading my evolution site yet, last time I looked there was quite a complicated hack to do it?

This is (more-or-less) still the method: http://bobsguides.com/migrating-revolution.html.

For most sites, it’s fairly straightforward except for the user permissions.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 58 Posts
                      Ok thanks.