We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,149 Posts
    This is the official Support Thread for the Revolution 2.0.0-beta-2 release. Please place issues related to that release here.

Please file bugs in JIRA, read the Official Revolution Documentation (and Official xPDO Documentation), and follow SVN developments on Fisheye.
      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • 51 Posts
      With bèta 3 released, I asume this thread will also be used for that version.
      I just had one simple question: is there any specific order in which the issues in JIRA are handled? Because as I looked at them, there’s an X number of Open issues... Than there’s an In Progress issue, followed by another few Open issues and a Re-opened issue. Only to be followed by another bunch of Open issues.

So how will I know when the specific issues I reported myself are being looked at? Since I’m working on an assignment for a company, the company keeps asking how things are coming along concerning the issues we found while testing Revolution.
        • 51 Posts
        There’s also another question that had come to my mind:
        Is there a simple way to make backups in Revolution?

I mean in 0.9.6.3 there was Tools > Backup (it’s probably the same in Evolution, but I haven’t looked at that yet).

Is there going to be a similair function in Revolution?

I’d also like to know what the ’Components’ tab in the top menu is going to be used for. Because it’s currently still empty.
        • Install the component Quip for Comments in Revolution and you will have acces to this 3rd party component under the menu.

In the case of Quip, it allows you to moderate the comments with backend interface.
            • 51 Posts
            Still no-one with any information on the backup feature?
              • 24,544 Posts
              I’m not aware of any backup tools for Revolution other than transferring all the files with FTP and doing an Export of the DB in phpMyAdmin.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 51 Posts
                I was afraid of that.
                Thanks for the reply.

Would you happen to know, whether or not a backup feature is scheduled to be added later on? Or will there simply be no way to make an automated backup?

Thanks in advance!
                • There should be a good backup tool available for Revo using the packaging manager to get all your data and filesystem assets tied up in a neat, well, package (a .zip file). smiley
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Yup. It’s just a matter of porting the existing bkupModx add-on.

If you’d like to contribute, feel free to get to work on it. wink
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                      • 51 Posts
                      If I find some spare time, I just might.
                      Don’t really know whether I’d be able to pull it off though. Especially since all bèta versions seem to crash easily, when changing the default settings. Modifying anything might cause a crash just as simple.