We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello,

I am running:-
    MODX Revolution 2.1.1-pl Traditional
    Apache 2.2 (API: 20051115)
    PHP 5.2.13
    Web browser: same problems in FF5.0 and Chrome 12.

I am having problems with an image TV. When I ho to update the image, I get the modx browser with all the images that are in the folder that I specified in the base path and base url in the TV input settings. This works fine, however there are 2 problems:-

1. When I upload a new image via this browser it uploads fine but doesn’t appear in the list of images. The only way I can get it to appear is to either refresh the whole page (F5, not the modx browser refresh) and then click the image TV again to bring up the browser, then the image appears. The other way to get it to appear is to click the ’modx browser’ button (the far right button in the left hand column of the modx browser), I have the filebrowser url set to the same folder, so it then shows all the files, including the uploaded one. However it would be good if the image just appeared right away.

2. When trying to remove files by right clicking in the browser and selecting ’remove’ I get the following message:- /base_url_here/images/content/undefined/filename.ext for some reason it has ’undefined’ in the path, which doesn’t appear in any of my settings. I have tried absolute URLs and relative ones. I have also tried just letting the TV settings revert to the filebrowser settings by not entering any paths.

Any help would be much apreciated - my apologies if this is a duplicate post of a similar problem - I did have quite a good look and couldn’t find another post with either of these problems.
      • 40 Posts
      Did you find any solution to this? Have the same issue with the browser not reloading after upload. Very frustrating.
      • Have you tried re-installing MODX? Or upgrading, depending on your version.

Actually, a new thread with more information about your current installation, server and version, and contents of the error log (if any) would be helpful.
          Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 40 Posts
          Good idea. Actually there is an error in the log, when creating the thumbnail. See this new thread:
          http://forums.modx.com/thread/80285/file-thumbnail-only-appears-after-page-reload