We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    I'm having the same issue as in this thread:
    http://forums.modx.com/thread?thread=28737

When I upload an image (or file) in the MODX Browser (manager), the file won't appear until after page reload (usually by clicking the folder on the left).

Checking the error log shows this:
    [2012-11-06 11:38:15] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) phpThumb was unable to generate a thumbnail for: /storage/content/[...]/public_html/core/cache/phpthumb/phpThumb_cache_[...]_src390e633b832a0b1245fe8d4e08c02b6e_paradf896d45f319fa323d889e84ccb98c5_dat0.jpeg
    [2012-11-06 11:38:15] (ERROR @ /connectors/system/phpthumb.php) Error outputting thumbnail:
    OutputThumbnail() failed because !is_resource($this->gdimg_output) in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 557

(I have shortened the path with [...] in the code above).

I'm running:
    MODX Revolution 2.2.5-pl (traditional)
    MySQL 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10-log
    PHP 5.3.18 [ed. note: mrtnrsl last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 40 Posts
      No thoughts on this, anyone?
      • Try re-installing 2.2.5 with a fresh copy of the zip file, unpacked ON the server itself (no ftp) and merge all the files with your existing install. Delete the core/cache files and re-run setup. Follow the upgrading instructions in the documentation.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
          "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
          Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
          • 40 Posts
          Ok, for a rookie on Linux commands, how do I unpack and merge files directly on the server?
            • 40 Posts
            Ok, finally managed to unpack on the server and re-install. But the error still remains.

Any other ideas? Thanks.
              • 94 Posts
              Quote from: mrtnrsl at Nov 16, 2012, 08:57 AM
              Ok, finally managed to unpack on the server and re-install. But the error still remains.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Any updates I am also having this problem, I am using 2.2.5.
              • Upgrade to 2.2.6.

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a fix for this in 2.2.6.
                  Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                  "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                  Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                  • 40 Posts
                  No, the problem still remains. And upgrading to 2.2.6 does not fix it.

I vaguely recall seeing some bug report on this and a plan for fixing it in coming releases, but I can't remember where/URL.

I've temporarily disabled image upload for my client due to this (they have to mail me any images), so I'm eager for a solution.
                    • 151 Posts
                    I've had this problem intermittent for some time now with various versions/installs.

I thought it was just my install but seems like a bug. I've just ignored it and work around it since it's a small inconvenience. I can see it being a bigger issue though if there are many site managers having the same problem.

You could/should post it in the bug reports:

http://tracker.modx.com/
                      MODX...the Zen of CMS
                      "Bight off more than you can chew and keep right on chewing."
                      • 1 Posts
                      I've experienced this problem since time I use ModX Revolution on different websites, from version 2.2.0. Was lazy to fix it by myself. Gone after updating from 2.2.7 to 2.2.8.