We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    I’ve got a multi-context site, and prior to 2.1rc3 traditional all files would show normally under the resource browser. Now, it shows all the folders, but clicking on subfolders doesn’t have any effect; it continually shows just the files from the top level; ie config.core etc. The files tab works just fine though, so I’m guessing it has something to do with filemanager_path?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      • 43 Posts
      It could be that you need to adjust your context settings for the web context.
      There is a bug related to this in 2.1 - perhaps the latest 2.1 RC3 release fixes this?
        • 8 Posts
        Well I’m running RC3, so no fix there embarrassed And I’m not actually using the web context, all the sites are in separate contexts.

Also, Tiny doesn’t show images that are linked either.

Zeus, Buddha, SplittingRed, somebody help me! Satan, you owe me!
          • 24,544 Posts
          You could try creating a filemanager_path context setting for each context.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 8 Posts
            Thanks Bobray! But each context already had it’s own filemanager_path and filemanager_url undecided
              • 24,544 Posts
              I don’t know why that would happen, since files don’t have contexts, just locations.

Is your filemanager_path context setting a full path (e.g., ~usr/public_html/yoursite/)?

Is it possible that the file permissions have changed?
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 8 Posts
                All the permissions in the user roles look good, and the folders themselves are all 755. The filemanager_path is setting a full path, it shows all the top level folders, but then the contents don’t show.

When you click on the subfolders, it’s not even like the resource browser refreshes. It just shows the files from the top level, like in the photo below.
                  • 17 Posts
                  501CreativeGroup Reply #8, 13 years ago
                  Actually I realized that even though the filemanager_path for the context is showing the correct folders on the left, the files window is actually just showing the root directory. 2.1 rc4 didn’t fix the issue like I’d hoped it would.

Is this just a bug with filemanager_path on multi-context sites? Has anyone else had success with filemanager_path on a context?
                    • 7 Posts
                    Quote from: 501CreativeGroup at May 07, 2011, 05:31 AM

Actually I realized that even though the filemanager_path for the context is showing the correct folders on the left, the files window is actually just showing the root directory. 2.1 rc4 didn’t fix the issue like I’d hoped it would.

Is this just a bug with filemanager_path on multi-context sites? Has anyone else had success with filemanager_path on a context?
                    Yes, I had the same problem with multiple contexts and filemanager_path settings (revo 2.1 rc3). Delete filemanager_path setting from web context, leave the setting for other contexts. File browser will work ok, resource browser in rich editor also, but modx browser in image tvs will show all the folders in /assets/.

In my case it is ok, as all the sites belong to one customer.
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      This has been fixed here: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/commit/339e48924940de516a5a624983c134eb02983c00

And will be in the 2.1.0-pl release.
                        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com