We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 222 Posts
    One thing that might help is I looked at the error logs on the server and here is the error that the manager is producing

[warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_4lk9p55sgii8iubom61fru7ch6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0 

• 222 Posts
      Anybody know what the issue is. Its on a Plesk 9.x server.
        • 222 Posts
        I figured it out. You need to add the following line in your .htaccess file

php_value session.auto_start 0
          • 15 Posts
          I have come to the conclusion I need to work on my local machine otherwise manager is just toooooooooo slowwwwwww.

Anyway....

If I don’t change any assets or packages can I simply export / import the database and update the path in workspaces (and gallery within system settings)?

And presumably any assets, js or css that I change.

It seems sensible I should empty both local and remote caches before this.

Is there any other files that may be changed through editing within the manager.

Some of these updates seem hardly worth moving the whole site and framework everytime.

thanks for any advice.