We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 222 Posts
    Lets say I want to move a modx revoloution installation from one server to the other what should I do. What tables should i copy and what packages I should re-install?

• 4,149 Posts
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 222 Posts
        Thanks for the info. But what about packages. Lets say you install a package on server1 and you want to move it to server2. Wouldn’t the package paths change and what do I do to update and fix that.
          • 4,149 Posts
          No, the package paths should stay relative. You just need to make sure and copy the files in core/components/, assets/components/, and core/packages/.

The only thing that might change is if you added in absolute paths in System Settings yourself for those Extras, or those Extras for some reason stored absolute paths (none that I know of do).
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 222 Posts
            How do I double check in the system settings if absolute paths are being stored. Thanks for all of your help
              • 222 Posts
              I just followed the instructions to move the site from one server to another and everything works fine just I can’t see the manager page. I cleared the cache directory but not sure what to do next. Also in the .htaccess file it has re-write engine off for the manager directory. I can see the manager login but when i try to login nothing happens.
                • 183 Posts
                Is your server able to access the internet without using a proxy?
                  Add-On to easily manage your multilingual sites: Babel
                  • 222 Posts
                  I am behind a proxy but I have removed the RSS feeds and news feeds so that shouldn’t be a problem.
                    • 183 Posts
                    Did you remove it from the system_settings table?

Be sure to remove the core/cache/config.cache.php, too!
                      Add-On to easily manage your multilingual sites: Babel
                      • 222 Posts
                      It was removed long time ago I also made sure that modx_workspace path was correct as well and the core cache is cleared always