We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Here’s a quick punch list of items I think we should address/include in the next release...:

Stats Related:
    I actually have SlimStats fully working now and integrated in the manager stats page, and it’s pretty sweet... some configuration stuff needs to be addressed though. Addressed by not including at all. Susan is slated to do a simple page-hit viewer module.

• remove all logging functions from docparser/manager/index files
    • sync up slimstats implementation with index-ajax for auto-conf stuff
    • database installer issues / deleting older statistics tables option during install
    • convert to a proper module and/or plugin

Snippets:

• Wayfinder to replace DropMenu (DM using placeholders/templates)
    • Ditto (latest version)
    • Jot (Replix, to replace UserComments)
    • AjaxSearch
    • Breadcrumb + updates
    • FirstChildRedirect
    • eForm
    • Update all core snippets to use in-snippet cache control

Core:

• Manager timeout
    • 404 / apache logs issues
    • Recursive Parser
    • Security related bugs -- Netnoise
    • odd caching behaviors? (hard to nail down with certainty... including this one)
    • XPDO add on pack/option?
    • Combine user types?

Default content:

• Ditto updated calls
    • Wayfinder updated calls
    • eForm to replace all forms
    • 2x check all pages/template switcher
    • update all calls to use new formats

Manager fixes & functionality:

• Bulk item manager updates/testing
    • Bulk TV updates via above?
    • Rip out coolbuttons
    • Jeff’s updates
    • fix Safari rendering issues on config pages
    • simpler graphics -- more "37 signals"

Installer & Installed Items:

• .zip archive functionality?
    • content packs?
    • language packs? should we do an English-only build of MODx and offer an easier way to consolidate language files for the various components (Manager/Snippets/RTEs/QE/etc.)
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 7,075 Posts
      (Once again, is the forum working fine ? I haven’t been notified of this post while I have ticked notification on new post here... strange !)

This is quite an ambitious release !
      Many dev teams would dub that a 1.0 !!

It sure would rock to have all this for the next release grin
      The question is, with such a list, when do we release that beast tongue ?

Holidays are good, since most users won’t expect much to happen for another month and a half... but are we able to pull that off (I mean I don’t know where the team stand as far as availabilty, nor do I know where things are with 0.9.5 dev...) ?

Don’t be mistaken, I am the first one to be enthusiastic grin , just playing devil’s advocate here tongue

As far as I am concerned, I won’t be away more than two weeks, and I am full on with testing the new parser...
      I also have a few things to deal with as far as marketing is concerned... I had the chat with Andreas btw, great idea he had grin
      I’ll post soon about this...

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • Stats and Snippets are all but done, or will be this week. Default content updates should just take a couple of more days too. Recursive parser beta seems to be progressing well.

Installer stuff would be nice, but certainly is no requirement. The preliminary manger updates Jeff’s done (and the ones I did a long time ago as a proof of concept) and ripping out coolbuttons will likewise should take just a few days.

If we can fix the caching bugs, great, and there seems to be some good pointers on that here in the forums. 404/apache log issues should be fixable again if Victor ever gets back in town.... tongue Merging the user types probably won’t make it this go round though... which is not a deal breaker.

Really and truely the big question is testing of the recursive parser and getting signoff on it, and how much of the XPDO parts are ready.

I would not be surprised to see a really solid test build next week, including the new recursive parser.
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 7,075 Posts
          Thanks Ryan for the update... I was not sure about the status of those items (Jeff having done the manager, now that’s amazing news laugh !).
          I am.... impressed !

I am very glad to hear all this... just great work from the team as usual.
          It just (still) amazes me, what a pace !

I guess the Ajaxian article is one of many to come grin

About the recursive parser : I’ll be dedicating quite a bit of time to it, I am eager to have it up and running, this will so boost the possibilities of MODx for me !
          (btw, did you get my 100$ donation ? I am getting worried there, got charged I hope Paypal didn’t screw up...)

MODx est l'outil id
          • Got it yes and thank you very much. I’m SO behind after working on a big site that’s about to go live an being away for a bit of holiday myself. smiley
            • I will spend some time over the weekend looking at the Bulk Item Manager and try and get the TV updating added into it.
                Garry Nutting
                Senior Developer
                MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                Twitter: @garryn
                Web: modx.com
                • 7,075 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jul 11, 2006, 11:44 PM
                Got it yes and thank you very much. I’m SO behind after working on a big site that’s about to go live an being away for a bit of holiday myself. smiley

Okay then, I am reassured smiley
                As I said before, I plan on donating as regularly and as much as possible grin

Also on a big project (though most definitely not as big as yours, I figure !), also holidays to follow... I can understand !
                But off with the off topic now...

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 1,097 Posts
                  Great news, and good to know as the imminent manager-change has an impact on how I train someone later this week.

The caching and 404 bugs need to be sorted for 0.9.5 public but needn’t hold up the first test release of it. Indeed it may be that with greater access to the 0.9.5 code (within this little inner circle) and a greater variety of test data being applied, someone can figure out the problems better.
                    No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                    MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                    Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                    Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                    Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                    MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                    • 1,732 Posts
                    I think the new parser should resolve the caching issue (not sure). As for the 404 page fix that’s now in SVN trunk that needs to be revisted as PHP does not allow \n inside the header.

Another thing is that IE will display a 404 page if a 404 error is sent. This means that the custom 404 page will not be displayed. IMO I think there needs to option in the system config to enable the sending of 404 headers with 404 pages.

xWisdom
                      www.xwisdomhtml.com
                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                      • 1,732 Posts
                      MemberCheck snippet does not work in php4. It’s using a static variable inside the class object.
                        xWisdom
                        www.xwisdomhtml.com
                        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.