We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Making some progress on the plugin. Managed to modify some of the scripts from FCK for use in TinyMCE. I’m modifying the advimage, advlink, and flash plugins a bit to accomodate the resource browser. So far, I’ve managed to get the browser working in the advimage plugin pretty good...however, I still need to code it so that the path to the resource manager is passed to the plugin. Other than that, all seems to be going quite well. wink

More to come...
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 1,131 Posts
      Ok...I’ve made a lot of progress on the TinyMCE plugin. Now, keep in mind that there is still just a little bit more work to do on this. Primarily, I need to play with the plugin code a bit since it appears that the advanced image box comes up in the Default theme when it shouldn’t. Same applies to a few other areas as well. This particular version uses the latest version of TinyMCE and has some integration with the Resource Browser for links (docs), images, and Flash.

It was a bit tricky getting the Resource Browser to work right. At first I was going to use the file_browser_callback function in the API of TinyMCE...but quickly learned that it would be a bit difficult to get it to use the right form field. So...I edited it a bit to use my own function instead. I may go back and play with the TinyMCE API to see if I can get around some quirky things...but for now, it looks like it’ll work. Test it and let me know what you think. smiley

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 2,204 Posts
        I am testing it now

In defauld options all looks like its working but menu bar is at the bottom
        in advanced setting the image insert works until u want to realy insert the mage by pressing insert then nothing happends in IE6 In FireFox it works flawless
        and in the advanced setting the menu is on top looks much nicer I think.

Wil contineu testing ans wil report here if I found any bug

Dimmy
          follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • 1,131 Posts
          Yeah...I figured there might be a few issues here and there. I still need to test everything with the different browsers out there. However, I think that if everything works as advertised in both IE and Firefox then other browsers should be ok as well. I’ll be playing with it a bit more on Monday so...more to come! smiley

L8R!

Quote from: Dimmy at Jul 23, 2005, 08:46 AM

I am testing it now

In defauld options all looks like its working but menu bar is at the bottom
          in advanced setting the image insert works until u want to realy insert the mage by pressing insert then nothing happends in IE6 In FireFox it works flawless
          and in the advanced setting the menu is on top looks much nicer I think.

Wil contineu testing ans wil report here if I found any bug

Dimmy
            Jeff Whitfield

• 1,131 Posts
            Alright...did a little more work to this. I’ve reworked the plugin code a bit to check for whether the ’default’ theme is selected. If it is, then the script code is reduced to only what is needed for the Default theme. Keep in mind that the Default theme is a simplified theme and is really only used on such things like textareas for web users and such. I didn’t see any reason for outputting anything but only what is required for the Default theme.

I’ve tested the Advanced theme in both Firefox (latest version is 1.06) and IE6. Image, Link, and Flash dialog boxes appear to work fine but may need some more testing. We may want to create another theme other than just Advanced and Default...but I don’t know what you guys would like to see in it though. Anything missing here?

Oh yeah...and once the TinyMCE plugin is in a good state, I’ll get moving on a Xinha plugin as well. I’ve got the main framework already built for it...I just need to add in the necessary parameters and options into the script for it. laugh
              Jeff Whitfield

• 1 Posts
              maybe I misunderstood but from the posts above it sounded like you were able to enable a real image uploader and link facilities more like fck editor but i see no such thing in this.

I’ll be wating for xhina.
                • 1,131 Posts
                When you install my version of the TinyMCE plugin, you’ll need to check and make sure that the Advanced theme is set in the configuration menu. After that, when you use the Image, Flash or Link buttons you should see a button next to the URL fields. Click on the button will launch the Resource Manager and will allow you to upload and manage files and images in the same way as FCK. Only difference here is that each resource type is limited to a specific resource directory: Images go in the /assets/images directory, Flash goes in the /assets/flash directory, and direct Links to files go in the /assets/docs directory. Also, you have to make sure that ’Enable Resource Browser’ is on...otherwise the Resource Browser button will not show up in the editor. Hope that clarifies things.

So far it’s working pretty good for me. About the only bug I know of so far has to do with the editor resetting the path to a image or file whenever you attempt to change an existing image or file in a document. I’ll be looking at that to figure out how to disable it.

Quote from: webmedic at Jul 26, 2005, 01:06 AM

maybe I misunderstood but from the posts above it sounded like you were able to enable a real image uploader and link facilities more like fck editor but i see no such thing in this.

I’ll be wating for xhina.
                  Jeff Whitfield

• 1,131 Posts
                  Small update to the plugin. Made a slight change to allow for proper paths for images, links, and Flash. Instead of relative path, a full path will always be used.

Jeff Whitfield