We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Team,

Where might I find more information regarding the required setup for a custom "Revolution Transport Provider"?

In other words, if I wanted to setup a custom version of http://rest.modxcms.com/extras/ for internal purposes, etc, what steps/requirements would need to be met before being able to "Add New Provider" as outlined in the documentation?

Documentation: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Providers
      Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
      This is not something we can immediately address, but I can promise you we’ll have more on this in the next month or so. There’s a lot of competing factors with this feature that we have to iron out first. We’ll get back to you then.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • Quote from: splittingred at Aug 17, 2010, 06:25 PM

This is not something we can immediately address, but I can promise you we’ll have more on this in the next month or so. There’s a lot of competing factors with this feature that we have to iron out first. We’ll get back to you then.

Thanks, Shaun. I definitely understand the sensitive nature of this topic, so no rush. At the moment I am mainly excited about the prospect of leveraging an internal (non-public) Provider setup to help streamline updates/roll-outs across multiple servers and MODx instances. I am looking forward to the coming update outlining the requirements for this type of setup, but can always use the Local Package Retriever option during the interim laugh
          Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
          MODx Ambassador / Contributor
          [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart