We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 23 Posts
    Quote from: Lizard at Nov 30, 2009, 03:33 PM

We DO have a fully functioning social networking system built (if not yet live) and ready to go , built on MODX EVO and with LOTS of functionality including status updates, buddy lists, buddy news stream (facebook style - my buddy commented on etc) User Galleries, normal profile comments ala myspace style, frindly usernames (www.mysite/myname) and allsorts of other cool little bits and bobs ready to go ..

Cant broadcast the URL to the general populace, but would be more than willing to give interested parties a sneak preview ....

Hi, I would love to hear more about what you’ve done...brainstorming ideas for my own SN for fantasy football and would love to leverage anything I can...thanks
    Anthony
      • 147 Posts
      Quote from: Lizard at Nov 30, 2009, 03:33 PM

We DO have a fully functioning social networking system built (if not yet live) and ready to go , built on MODX EVO and with LOTS of functionality including status updates, buddy lists, buddy news stream (facebook style - my buddy commented on etc) User Galleries, normal profile comments ala myspace style, frindly usernames (www.mysite/myname) and allsorts of other cool little bits and bobs ready to go ..

Would be also great to have a look at that. I have a task to make a very simple social networking site with miniblogging and inside messaging like the screenshot attached. It’s easy to do with "ELGG" and it’s "The wire" but I can spend up to $300 if someone could share some snippets or knowhow so we could make it in MODx. Would be happy to share our experience and knowhow afterwards.