We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Actually, there’s one more spot in the upper right menu here, underneath "Feedburner feeds" that would be a perfect spot to stick a link to the Wiki...
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
    • Great call there too, Susan. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • Just wanted to say to all the contribs and friends of MODx that after being away from the Wiki for a month or two that it is really shaping up. It looks great and is a far better method to share the ways of MODx and keep it up to date. I would even suggest that the Wiki could replace the entire resource section in short order.

Thanks again!

Jay
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 501 Posts
          Quote from: smashingred at Mar 24, 2007, 03:41 PM

I would even suggest that the Wiki could replace the entire resource section in short order.

Thanks again!

Jay

I agree with that... the wiki resource is the way to handle an up to date resource/documentation of modx (or whatever)
            • 354 Posts
            Quote from: luuuciano at Mar 25, 2007, 03:48 AM

Quote from: smashingred at Mar 24, 2007, 03:41 PM

I would even suggest that the Wiki could replace the entire resource section in short order.
            I agree with that... the wiki resource is the way to handle an up to date resource/documentation of modx (or whatever)
            I am unsure about what you guys mean when refering to "resource section". If you are aiming at replacing the repo with some wiki pages i must disagree though.
            • Not the repository. That has to stay. What I am talking about is the Documentation section. Much of that information is already in the wiki and it is better for the community to be able to update, correct or enhance it without having to submit changes to the team for inclusion on the site.

What I think should happen is that ALL the documentation should be relocated to the wiki and then lose the old documentation section completely.

Since much of why MODx is so good is the community support a wiki is ideal (and I rarely like wikis).

BTW, this is just a suggestion.
                Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                • 4,213 Posts
                Yes, I would like to see that happen too, but it’s not going to happen by itself.. rolleyes

From 0.9.7 onwards, I believe that we’ll have much better API documentation available that is generated straight from the source and that should be available as separate thing, but all else documentation; MODx usage, tutorials, howtos, snippet documentations, etc should be in Wiki. But it’s just a matter of getting your hands dirty and start to copy pasting current documentation on to Wiki and then update it when needed.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • Doze,

Very good. I shall put in a few minutes here and there. Thanks for the hard work to you an all the contribs.

Jay