We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Hi All,

I’m wondering what the present state of consolidated documentation is. I’m pretty aware of what exists on this site--I’ve printed out most of the main pages and I see that there is a resource page. Is there a Doc Team or a concerted effort going on behind the scenes that is working on more comprehensive documentation? Is there a documentation wishlist going?
      • 3,250 Posts
      Yes, there is a documentation team headed by Susan (sottwell). Feel free to create a documentation wishlist thread as I think that would be very usefull.
        • 7,075 Posts
        Mark, this makes me think : is there currently a process (like we have for the french doc) to submit new documentation articles ? is there anywhere we explain how to join the Doc team ? (Forgive me if I am asking about something that do exist).

(@neutrino : nice seing your here grin )
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 3,250 Posts
          If they appear on the forums and are accurate we’ll gladly post them.
            • 7,075 Posts
            Okay thanks Mark for the clarification.

But we should to put a sticky about this in the documentation forum.

Maybe we could even state what article are needed (I mean everybody can access the published doc, but some things are probably in writing and we have no way of knowing that). It would also allow to have a clear vision of what remains to be done (which you guys probably have, but I am a little fuzzy here...).
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 14 Posts
              Mark, David--I emailed Susan with the wishlist question and I’ll post back here what I learn.
              • Should probably bump this thread to reference the new http://wiki.modxcms.com/ site. Where do we make requests for new documentaion? I think we should have a server migration as part of the wiki...
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at Oct 25, 2006, 05:31 PM

Where do we make requests for new documentaion? I think we should have a server migration as part of the wiki...

http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Wanted

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                    • 65 Posts
                    Quote from: neutrino at Mar 01, 2006, 01:30 PM

Mark, David--I emailed Susan with the wishlist question and I’ll post back here what I learn.

So, What did you learn?
                    IMHO documentation is the weak link for MODx.
                    joe
                    • Thanks for the feedback and both acknowledged and appreciated. smiley Please see my signature.
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me