We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    I agree with some of the above statements...

It’s great that Microsoft is finally waking up and realizing that they have to improve IE’s abilities to display CSS content correctly. Nothing more annoying that having to dick with different hacks just to get a layout to look right in all browsers...especially IE. However, as we all know, unless you know specifically that the majority of your audience will be using IE7 and other more compliant browsers...you’ll be stuck using hacks for a while! Err...at least till the majority starts using more compliant browsers. I don’t bank on many users jumping onto IE7 for quite a while now. There’s still quite a few out there still using Windows 2000 and ME (cough! cough! Stupid ME!!). And being that IE7 will only be for Windows XP and above...well...I just don’t see alot of everyday folks downloading it and installing it anytime soon. Alot of people will just stick with whatever is pre-installed on their computer. Aside from that, they’re likely to rely only on automatic updates...which means no automatic installation of IE7! Ugg!
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 680 Posts
      I’m really hoping that people will start to discover PNGs and that GIFs will become nothing more than a distant memory.

Plus It’s going to be nice for some of the work I do on our Intranet since I’ll know that everyone will have IE7.

I’m glad that Microsoft seems to finally be listening to the developer community anyway.