We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I can’t tell you how happy this makes me:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/07/29/445242.aspx

Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 1 Posts
      if that is true it would mean a lot less of pulling out you rhair trying to make a standards compliant website. It would also mean bunch of javascript hacks could be done away with and last but not least it would mena ie would only be 1 or 2 steps behind the other browsers instead of light years behind.

I tested the ie7 beta the day it came out and if they had not decided to change much I can tell you I think it would have cuased even more people to move to firefox as ie7 betas css was still gross by any way you choose to measure it. It renders pages exactly like ie6 does.
      • Yeah. In the article above they say pretty much that none of the CSS fixes are in beta 1. They’re all headed for beta 2.
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1 Posts
          yes I read that as well as a good number of the comments and then posted a link to my themes site showing how ie breaks things. By the way considering all my pages have links back to modx you may get some extra traffic.
          • Cool! Unfortunately (yes, that is sarcasm you detect) I don’t have access to a PC at home. So it’s just Safari and firefox for me. wink

Great themes site, btw. laugh

rt

• 2,204 Posts
              All nice but if you clients still use ie4.5 (like a one I am making a website for) than this news wil only be news to them in 5 years or so hehe

I tryed to confince them to use ff or ie6 but a company that needs to change over 4000 mashines do not like to do that just for me they say ...
                follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
              • Wow. IE 4.5... seriouslly?

That sucks.

I bet they have lots of fun with security issues too! lol
                  • 1 Posts
                  yes no kidding considering that must mean they are still stuck on windows 95 or at best windows 98. With 4000 systems they have way more issues than what browser to use.

If they just covered thier body on honey and jumped into a pit with bee hives and hungry rats at the bottom It would be less painfull in the end.
                    • 2,204 Posts
                    LOL indeed did,

I did not even think of the security isseu but will put that on my site of the scale to give me some benefit
                      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                      • 3,975 Posts
                      OMG !!

I cant beleive that !!!!!!!!!

How they accomplish their daily tasks with those slow PCs and old OS !!

ITs Strange... man !
                        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link