We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Sounds like a great idea! Maybe a fall date? Core team: any reservations? Seems great to me, but I’d hate to step on toes if plans are already underway.

I’d be glad to serve on a planning committee.
      • 964 Posts
      We could have:

MODxpo West
      MODxpo East
      MODxpo Europe
      MODxpo Asia
        MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
      • That would be awesome!
          Steven James McLean
          Tech Lead
          springbokagency.com
          • 107 Posts
          How about MODxpo Canada!! Toronto would be an excellent place to host it and I’d love to help.

Maybe just wishful thinking? smiley
            Crawford Paul

Bridgecourt Web Design - Proudly using ModX CMS
            Serving Welland, Niagara, Ontario, Canada and the world!
            http://www.bridgecourt.com
          • Quote from: bridgecourt at Mar 24, 2011, 12:07 AM

How about MODxpo Canada!! Toronto would be an excellent place to host it and I’d love to help.

Florida is great for a summer conference, meetings in the morning, beach in the evening tongue
              Patrick | Server Wrangler
              About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • I’d still love to hear from a core team member. I’d love to help with this, but would we be overlapping with any "official" events in the works? Or would this be the "official" event(s)?
              • This isn’t quite a MODxpo, but don’t miss out on the meetups happening here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/board,398.0.html
                • Quote from: bridgecourt at Mar 24, 2011, 12:07 AM

There’s a great venue on walking distance from my place - we should have it there! smiley

I’m not sure on exact plans, but I like the idea of having several xpos all over the world. I do think that it’d be more beneficial to have it in Europe, Amsterdam or The Hague has plenty of venues for any sizes and is very accessible through Schiphol.
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                  • The next MODXpo is likely going to be in the UK near a major airport. After that we’re certainly looking at continental Europe as a location. We will be starting planning in the next month or so but we’ll also be looking at helping local user groups set up larger DemoCamp style meetups in their area. Bigger than a monthly casual meetup, these might take the form of a 1 or two day open format conference. I’ll be posting about that later and working with our Solution Partners and international community members on how to organize such an event.
                      Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                      • 1,336 Posts
                      ...UK near a major airport..
                      Epic, Manchester would be good for me here heh! Maybe you could hire a conference room at Old Trafford and get some autographs at the same time!
                        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!