We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 788 Posts
    well, to be truthful I do not have tinymce installed in the back end yet, I am using an older version through a panel in the front end I was playing with.

looking through the docs, I see a setting called apply_source_formatting, I have no idea what that actually does but maybe try and add that to the configuration after the preformatted setting and see if it helps...

apply_source_formatting : true

like I said before, it is a booger to set up... smiley
      xforum
      http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
      • 1,010 Posts
      Thanks for that. I’ll do a bit more reading myself and some experimenting with the settings. Sure is a bit of a dog to set it up but as you said amongst what is available right now "it can’t be beat".

Just realized though this might not be the best topic for discussing this. Should probably belong in the TinyMCE support topic?

Moderators?
        • 1,131 Posts
        TobyL, although you’re probably right about putting some of this in the TinyMCE support topic, I probably wouldn’t worry about it now. After all, pretty much all of this will be going into the TinyMCE plugin anyways. wink
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 1,131 Posts
          Here’s the cool thing...I think I managed to work up a script that will allow for using a static script for the external_link_list_url without having to create a page for it. It’ll be just a static PHP page in the root of the tinymce plugin directory that will simply return the necessary javascript array. Still need to test and tweak it but so far it looks like it’ll work good for backend use. As for front-end use...well...not sure yet. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 788 Posts
            wink nice job
              xforum
              http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
              • 1,010 Posts
              Good work! giveme giveme grin

I was going to do some work on that next but I wanted to share my findings first. Seems you saved me some work smiley
                • 65 Posts
                Hey all... something i’ve already done is to use the compressed version of TinyMCE as well aka "TinyMCE compressor" which comes in a PHP flavor here: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/download.php about 1/2 down the page... it’s fairly simple to implement but has to be done in the installer for the plugin...

You first upload the file "tiny_mce_gzip.php" to assets/plugins/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/

Then edit plugin.tinymce.tpl from the plugin download files here.
                Change line 215 and 264 to read:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$base_url}assets/plugins/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_gzip.php">

As opposed to:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="{$base_url}assets/plugins/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js">

This is supposed to speed it up considerably and in use I can say I’m very happy with it’s performance.