We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 208 Posts
    Tried everything I can think of on this now and still no luck,

Why does this
    [!Ditto?&parents=`48`&tpl=`vans_sold`&display=`all`&summarize=`5`&paginate=`1`&paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1`!]

output this
    product number 3
    by Default admin account on 22-Dec-07 13:58

Thats I guess is some kind of default output for the id=48 child pages

Can anyone give me some idea of something else to try so the &tpl=`vans_sold` starts to include that chunk

Cheers
      • 208 Posts
      Quote from: ganeshXL at Dec 22, 2007, 06:56 PM

What does your tpl now look like? You can add &debug=`1` to get addtl. infos on how Ditto is parsing/fetching things.
      Remember that MODx - like PHP - is case-sensitive; if you renamed your template, Ditto maybe can’t find it.

I have been though the spelling to the point I copied and pasted from the chunk name into the &tpl name, I added the &debug=`1` to the call but the output renamed the same with no errors output at all, I will provide a couple of screenshots below in the hope they provide something of use, been playing with this all day and have never had this much trouble getting anything to work before so guess I must be overlooking the obvious.

My Chunk

My parent page

Can anyone see what my error is huh
      • Try putting spaces between your parameters. I have had problems of ditto only parsing the first or last paramater if there is no spaces.

See below:
        [!Ditto? &parents=`48` &tpl=`vans_sold` &display=`all` &summarize=`5` &paginate=`1` &paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1`!]

Hope this helps.

Jay
          Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • 208 Posts
          ok Solved it, the problem was after the opening [[ditto? i did not leave a space before the &parents=.....

I did not know it required a space hence I was not looking at this as a problem but anyway all ok now and thanks to everyone that has helped.

For anyone else having the same problem below is the final call that works

[[Ditto? &parents=`48`&tpl=`vans_sold`&display=`all`&summarize=`5`&paginate=`1`&paginateAlwaysShowLinks=`1`]]

Cheers

Ian
          • I am not sure if it is required but I would think that spacing the parameters would be a good idea also. It won’t hurt and with spacing it will work for sure (provided the call is actually valid).

Cheers,

Jay
              Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
              • 412 Posts
              It is good practice, but I do not use spacing, or & on the first passed variable.. never had probs.