We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 788 Posts
    Has anyone had any experience with Magento Commerce? It looks like it could shape up to be an interesting Open Source commerce solution. I especially like the screencast I saw of the one page checkout.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/
      Jesse R.
      Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
      Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
      Donate now. Every contribution helps.
      • 3,975 Posts
      i guess its been only a day or 2 its released? tongue ... off to download.
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 480 Posts
        It does look very interesting indeed.
          Adrian Lawley: www.adrianlawley.com
          • 7,075 Posts
          I have downloaded it 2 days ago but didn’t get to testing it yet but it’s on my list of priority stuff !
          Indeed the spirit of the project reminds me a bit of MODx... can’t be bad grin !
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 7,075 Posts
            Woot didn’t see that shocked
            I have browsed quickly and I don’t know why it’s so big... maybe badly compressed images indeed, but the core app is 28 megs...

I’ll install and check out performance before anything else...

MODx est l'outil id
              • 788 Posts
              I think I read somewhere else that the images took up 40MBs of the 60MB download. They also have the .svn folders in the download. Removing those will likely substantially reduce down the file size.
                Jesse R.
                Illinois Wine

• 7,075 Posts
                Great news... I launched install with MAMP and I have a message [tt]PHP Extension "mcrypt" must be loaded[/tt]

I thought mcrypt was bundled with MAMP, so I tried editing php.ini to load mcrypt, but doesn’t work... anyone has previous experience with mcrypt + MAMP by any chance ? Found nothing googling this huh

MODx est l'outil id
                  • 788 Posts
                  This was taken from a post on opendesigns.org, and looks like it might be helpful, David:

I run it locally on Webserver On A Stick which is similar to xampp (except I personally prefer wos) and it runs perfectly, with a couple of minor adjustments.

Enable the following extensions in your php.ini configuration file...

extension=php_mcrypt.dll
                  extension=php_pdo.dll
                  extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll

Then go and download the libmcrypt.dll file from here and put it into your Windows System32 folder, e.g. C:\Windows\system32

Now go and download the php_pdo_mysql.dll file from here and put it into your PHP Extensions folder (replacing the existing one, make a backup of your current file if you want), e.g. D:\Webserver\php5\ext

Then you should not have any problems installing Magento, any questions / problems feel free to ask!

Please note: All paths are relative to my system and may differ from yours, especially the PHP extensions folder smiley
                    Jesse R.
                    Illinois Wine

• 7,075 Posts
                    I added the [tt]extension=php_mcrypt.dll[/tt] to the php.ini, but it didn’t work and I am clueless about the why, MAMP is supposed to have mcrypt compiled...
                    I’ll check pdo too, see if by any chance this changes something !

MODx est l'outil id
                      • 332 Posts
                      If anybody successfully installed on (mt) grid server, please help. I haven’t been able to install at all. Was told it needs to be done via SSH. (mt) support confirms that according to Magento system requirement, gs should be ok, but I am getting these errors when attempt to run the installation via browser:

Warning: include(Mage/Core/functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/gs02/herd02/22222/domains/shop.mydomain.com/html/app/Mage.php on line 35

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ’Mage/Core/functions.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php-5.2.2-1/share/pear:/mnt/gs02/herd02/22222/domains/shop.mydomain.com/html/lib:/mnt/gs02/herd02/22222/domains/shop.mydomain.com/html/app/code/core:’) in /mnt/gs02/herd02/22222/domains/shop.mydomain.com/html/app/Mage.php on line 35

Fatal error: Class ’Varien_Profiler’ not found in /mnt/gs02/herd02/22222/domains/shop.mydomain.com/html/app/Mage.php on line 342.

The FTP upload was bumpy too, the server kept throwing me out.

I requested permission from a client if I can try running an installation on her hostgator server, so far the upload is smooth, no time out, not drop connection. Still, whether I am able to install on hostgator remains to be seen.

tgp