We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    Quote from: knightknight at Jun 05, 2007, 01:59 PM

...but from the demo is not UK friendly yet so it’s still a no go.

After we finish testing subscriptions (yes, they work and we’re in the testing phase) and get store.yourdomain.com going (which I’ve been planning for), improving our shipping/international integration is probably next on the list.

We’d love your feedback on how to get that part of the project moving in the right direction.
      • 898 Posts
      One shipping configuration I’ve used and love is a per product pricing such as:
      T-Shirts: 1:3.00;3:2.50;0:2.00

What this does for shipping costs is:
      $3.00 - First item
      $2.50 - next 2 items
      $2.00 - each additional item after that

One problem I ran into was for multiple products. The shipping is added for each product and can be too expensive. So a modification I made to this for one store was:
      Get the total shipping for all products, then make the final shipping the most expensive.

I have the code for this if you’d like to see it.

Chuck
        Chuck the Trukk
        ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
        - - - - - - - -
        What are TV's? Here's some info below.
        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
        http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
        • 361 Posts
        @Chuck: We’ll be adding that functionality soon(ish).

Quote from: knightknight at Jun 05, 2007, 01:59 PM

I think once store.mydomain.com is set up it will be a more lucrative option.
        We added this functionality last weekend, if anybody would like to try it out.
        We also added subscriptions, in case anybody was waiting for those wink

If anybody has ideas for additional MODx integration, let us know!
          Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!