We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • LOL ... awsome raveoli!
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 7,075 Posts
      Nice analysis raveoli smiley

And glad to see familiar textpatterners face by the way grin
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 11 Posts
        Yeah - It seems MODx is on the right track:
        http://www.google.com/trends?q=modx%2C+textpattern&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

And that graph is not even fully up-to-date grin
          • 7,075 Posts
          Yeah well, that’s nice indeed smiley

I think Textpattern has a similar underlying logic and philosophy, though it’s two different ways - Textpattern is lighter, MODx is closer to a framework and will even be more so in the future - and more importantly it’s radically different as far as development and community dynamic is concerned tongue Most people know what I think of the "Textpattern trend" the past year... sad. But that’s another subject entirely...

MODx est l'outil id
            • 11 Posts
            Yep, totally another story, although relevant. The perceived stagnation in Textpattern development, and the lack of proper communication and collaboration, is what finally made me dump Textpattern. She was a sexy fox, but never changed much.

Their lead developer seems to believe everyone should submit a patch or shut up, as if programming is the only thing that adds value to an open source project.

And here I am, talking to you David, an enthusiastic guy who is deeply involved and participating in MODx, not as a programmer, but as a Marketing-dude / evangelist / supporter, doing a great job. Your efforts have certainly brought users to the MODx community. Well, at least one! cool

Well, not my meaning to hijack this thread. Entschuldigung. rolleyes
              • 7,075 Posts
              Slight off topics are a sign that forums are breathing as they should smiley

The xPattertn initiative will maybe sparkle into a new thing, hopefully saving txp from leaders who don’t know which direction to choose...

MODx est l'outil id