We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Description of Problem:
    Hi, I have inherited a non working site, after some work is running now, but I cannot create or modify articles, and even worst, I cannot access old articles, the parent article shows the check to expand, but as soon as I click it, doesn´t show anything.

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance

MODX Version:MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)
    PHP Version:PHP Version 5.4.45
    Database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) Version:5.6.41-84.1
      • 10 Posts
      Do you correctly create the Article Container in the Resources Tab from the Manager? If no: Go to the Resource Tab and Right-Click on the "Website" Context and click on Create > Create Articles Here
        MODx Version: 2.6.5-pl
        Developing in Local Page with:
        > MAMP 5.0
        > PHP 7.2.7
        • 8 Posts
        Quote from: ilinko at Oct 12, 2018, 08:19 PM
        Do you correctly create the Article Container in the Resources Tab from the Manager? If no: Go to the Resource Tab and Right-Click on the "Website" Context and click on Create > Create Articles Here

Hi, the container was created previuosly and it worked. After the page crash, the page and the manager didn´t work, I put the page online some weeks ago but then I couldn`t enter the manager, so I update MODX and now I enter, but I cannot access the articles in the collection and the edition or creation of articles doesn`t work, all I can see is a some PHP code and the action buttons (Save, Cancel) are gone.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Did you check Package Manager (Extras -> Installer) to see if there is an upgrade for Articles?

The first thing to try is manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory. Also, turn off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings in System (gear icon) -> System Settings if they're not off already.

Repairing all DB tables in PhpMyAdmin is something else to try.

Also, check the MODX error log in Manage -> Reports -> Error log to see if there are any clues there.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 8 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at Oct 14, 2018, 03:16 AM
            Did you check Package Manager (Extras -> Installer) to see if there is an upgrade for Articles?

The first thing to try is manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory. Also, turn off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings in System (gear icon) -> System Settings if they're not off already.

Repairing all DB tables in PhpMyAdmin is something else to try.

Also, check the MODX error log in Manage -> Reports -> Error log to see if there are any clues there.

Last version of articles installed
            Cache deleted and compress_js and compress_css turned off
            All db checked
            Deleted error log to make this easy, repeated procedure and no errors in the log

Funny thing when I try the buttom "check for updates" some of the packages return this message provider_err_nf
              • 24,544 Posts
              It could possibly be an issue with mod_security or an overloaded server.
                My MODX Extras
                • 8 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Oct 16, 2018, 10:25 PM
                It could possibly be an issue with mod_security or an overloaded server.

could it be fixed?
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  If it's mod_security, you'd have to talk to your hosting service. They may be able to tell from their logs whether your site is triggering any of the mod_security rules.

Is there a provider listed for those packages in the Package Manager grid? It should be modx.com. If you click on "View Details" you can set the provider.

What version of Articles are you on?

My MODX Extras
                    • 8 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at Oct 17, 2018, 07:07 PM
                    If it's mod_security, you'd have to talk to your hosting service. They may be able to tell from their logs whether your site is triggering any of the mod_security rules.

Is there a provider listed for those packages in the Package Manager grid? It should be modx.com. If you click on "View Details" you can set the provider.

What version of Articles are you on?

Hi, the last version of articles is installed, but thing got worst, someone mess spomething up, and now I am getting this message when I try to enter the manager:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property: Smarty_Internal_Template::$isCacheTplObj in /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/smarty/Smarty.class.php:1252 Stack trace: #0 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/smarty/Smarty.class.php(749): Smarty->_clearTemplateCache() #1 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/smarty/SmartyBC.class.php(60): Smarty->__construct() #2 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/modx/smarty/modsmarty.class.php(56): SmartyBC->__construct() #3 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php(1234): modSmarty->__construct(Object(modX), Array) #4 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(72): xPDO->getService('smarty', 'smarty.modSmart...', '', Array) #5 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(49): modManagerRequest->initialize() #6 /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php(1422): modManagerRequest->__construct(Object(modX)) #7 /home3/alpi/public_html/manager/index.php(60): modX->getRequest() #8 {main} thrown in /home3/alpi/public_html/core/model/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1252
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      It's difficult to know without knowing what that person actually did.

These are my best guesses at this point (assuming that the site is not hacked):

• The smarty files are not the right ones for your version of MODX.
                      • Some smarty files are from a different MODX version than others.
                      • The latest version is installed in a new location but there are some references to the old files, which are still there.

I think the last one is most likely based on the directories with numbered names you mentioned earlier.

My MODX Extras