We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    how can i know the id of needed TV?
    i should create snippet with this code from the elements menu, whats next?
    should i do backup of the base? if yes whats the easyest way to do it, i mean i have access only to modx, can i do backup from it?
      • 24,544 Posts
      The ID if the TV is in parentheses next to the TV name on the Elements tab under Template Variables.

Yes, I recommend backing things up first. If you have cPanel access, you could back up by exporting the database in PhpMyAdmin.

If you don't have cPanel access, the SiteCheck extra can back up the database from within MODX (and perform a lot of tests for you). There are probably free extras that will back up the database, but I don't know much about them.

Create a snippet called FixTVs with my code. Then put a tag for that snippet on some page and view the page:

[[!FixTvs]]

I would manually delete all files in the core/cache directory (with the CacheClear extra) right after running the snippet to make sure the cache is fully cleared.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 19 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Oct 13, 2018, 04:45 PM
        Then put a tag for that snippet on some page and view the page:
        so i just need to put tag in a content of the page (see no html editor in modx)?
          • 24,544 Posts
          Yes, and then view the page.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting