We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    i have revo 2.6.2. how can i mass delete some info in TV field? i need to it not by id's, but in specified folder [ed. note: trofey last edited this post 5 years, 6 months ago.]
      • 1,154 Posts
      For something like MIGX tv, that's in your database so you could delete it all there
        • 19 Posts
        how can i do it?
          • 1,154 Posts
          do you know how to go into your hoster account? and go into cPanel? Then you would use phpMyAdmin to go into the db and find the fields
            • 19 Posts
            no i dont
              • 1,154 Posts
              hmm ok what can we do...what's your goal, to wipe out the tv entirely? or just one column of data?

i think one possible fix would be to copy the tv and replace the column you don't want.

Why not give us some of your code to work with?

The tv normally would have several associated fields, and if you changed a field, the data would still be there but no longer associated with the tv or visible.

So like a list of home movies might contain [[+year]][[+actors]][[+score]] and if you removed [[+score]] and replaced it with a new one, [[+review]], then you could start fresh

Be careful and back up your code. Move slowly. This is how I learned to code and there is a lot of trial and error.

What I would do is copy the resource, copy the tv, copy the template as backup, and then change the tv call in the template so its exactly what you want. Remove/replace the appropriate elements of the tv until you've got what you want.
                • 24,544 Posts
                I'm not sure I understand your question.

Do you want to remove the TV altogether, make it not connected to certain resources but not others, or just make its value empty for some resources under one or more folders?

All of these can be done with a fairly simple utility snippet, but we'd need to know exactly what you want to do to help you.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 1,154 Posts
                  Yes BobRay is right, tell us more about what you need to do. We can help you find the best way.
                    • 19 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at Oct 10, 2018, 06:47 PM

just make its value empty for some resources under one or more folders
                    [ed. note: trofey last edited this post 5 years, 6 months ago.]
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Here's utility snippet that should blank out the value of the specified TV for children of the specified parents (untested).

$tvId = 12; // This is the TV that will be emptied
                      $parents = '12,33,56';  // children of these parents will have the TV emptyied
                      $parents = explode(',', $parents);

foreach ($parents as $parentId) {
                          /* Get the children */
                          $docs = $modx->getCollection('modResource', array('parent' => $parent));

foreach ($docs as $doc) {
                             /* Get the modTempateVarResources for each child */
                             $docId = $doc->get('id');
                             $criteria = array(
                                 'contentid' => $docId,
                                 'tmplvarid' => $tvId,
                             }
                             $tvrs = $modx->getCollection('modTemplateVarResource', $criteria);

foreach ($tvrs as $tvr) {
                                 /* Blank the value of the TV */
                                 $tvr->set('value', '');
                                 $tvr->save();
                             }      
                          }
                      }

return "Finished";

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras