We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    TWIMC.
    So, I bring this topic up again. I know that the official MODX sites are being reworked. What is the ETA?
    Can I volunteer and help, as Brian Regan says, to flip the switch? I can delete a thing or two, free of charge?

I am talking in regard the Extras Listing in the MODX repo.
    Why is TinyMCE version BigBang still available for download?
    Why is it number one?
    Why is there any trace of it on modx.com?
    Why is it still allowed to mislead hundreds of new/old users by night and day?
    Why is still allowed to cause even non-users like me anguish?

At this rate, many would agree that action is worth more than a thousand words.
    So, I am opting to volunteer myself and everyone else capable to help out clean out what needs to be cleaned

Exactly 24 minutes ago, the legend, *Bob Ray*, made this comment:
    The original MODX TinyMCE extra has caused plenty of anguish over the years, so you're not alone.
    https://forums.modx.com/thread/102962/newspublisher---couple-of-questions?page=2#dis-post-559343
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 43 Posts
      I second that motion!
        @yulianita
        • 130 Posts
        Well the best alternative is Redactor and while I love it, it is paid ... Is there another free alternative?
          • 932 Posts
          Agreed..

And stefany tinymcewrapper by don ^ is a great free extra.
            ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
            • 130 Posts
            Quote from: lkfranklin at Jul 08, 2018, 04:55 PM
            Agreed..

And stefany tinymcewrapper by don ^ is a great free extra.

Thanks
              • 1,145 Posts
              TinymceWrapper version 3 is coming hot and very soon.
              Think about a good dream come real.

And it is ready for content blocking.

And no more looking for how to customize the already "easily" customizable extra ...
              It is coming with its own sweet manager.

It's a good year, folks, a great year!
                Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                • 26 Posts
                Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 08, 2018, 08:15 PM
                T...

And it is ready for content blocking.

Eh, newbie question here: what is content blocking?

Also, if I've understood things correctly - and I'm using NewsPublisher, which has it's own RTE - then installing the upcomming TinymceWrapper v3 will make formatting possible in the manager - but will this cause problems if files are being edited in both the front and back end of the site (not at the same time, just consecutively)? Like, if the two different RTEs format the text differently?
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  The two will work just fine. TinymceWrapper can get fed the exact same TinyMCE config you are using in the frontend.
                  Nice and seamless.

Content blocking is when the editor turns itself into an interface that enables you to arrange your content into segments, blocks.
                  This mode will not be compatible with just plain default TinyMCE output.
                    • 26 Posts
                    Awesome! Thanks.