We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    Quote from: lkfranklin at May 10, 2018, 02:40 PM
    Or just recreate the snippet based on the code in the screenshot smiley

Snippet name = blogit.lexicon_load

<!--?php
    $modx--->lexicon->load('blogit:default');
    return '';

Thanks very much, I recreated the blogit.lexicon_load Actually it was a Chunk.

From Modx Pro docs:
    pdoMenu
    Menu generator snippet. It can replace Wayfinder, and allows more flexibility to specify properties.
    For example, it can build menus from several parents, showing them both together and as separate branches.
    Provides a substantial increase in speed, although only on first page view if the Wayfinder menu is cached.

Okay, note that a blog was not a priority: the 1st is in getting the website back up which is apparently more complex than many. Also while I've done some html, I've never fully utilized css and am trying to learn it now. Thus the big priority is getting my Template to work on 1)Home Resource 2)ImageMap Resource 3)Table Resources

Thus getting back to menus, I guess I should drop wayfinder and concentrate on learning pdoMenu?
    [ed. note: julius nepos last edited this post 5 years, 11 months ago.]
      • 932 Posts
      Quote from: julius at May 11, 2018, 01:40 PM

Thus getting back to menus, I guess I should drop wayfinder and concentrate on learning pdoMenu?

They're the same essentially, but pdomenu has a few more options. Both are fit for your purpose.
        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
      • discuss.answer
        • 34 Posts
        Quote from: lkfranklin at May 10, 2018, 07:15 AM
        Great smiley

Or with pdoResources or getResources to retrieve a bunch of page properties such as creating a list of links:

[[pdoResources?
            &parents=`77`
            &depth=`0`
            &tpl=`@INLINE

I stuck the pdoResources call {also tried pdoMenu} in my template but nothing happened. I downloaded & installed the pdoTools which I guess has the pdoResources.
        At least it doesn't give an http 500 error like WayFinder. However nothing happens using the parents of 39 and the depth =1 {also tried 0}. Maybe my content is full page as I don't know how to put stuff into containers, so there's no room for the menu? [ed. note: julius nepos last edited this post 5 years, 11 months ago.]
          • 7 Posts
          Hi, you didn't explain how you got "home" , "About" and "project" as menu at the top? most people like me think menus as those items. Those come first. sorry, thumb down.
          PlexKodiLucky Patcher [ed. note: nazim13 last edited this post 5 years, 10 months ago.]
            • 1 Posts
            please explain how we create slide bar in the left of menu bar and also how we got menu bar at the top??
              • 1 Posts
              Here you didn't explain how you got "home","About"and"project" as menu at the top? most people like me think menus as those items. Those come first. sorry, thumb down.
              look this icustomercare info for latest updates.