We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    Quote from: dubbs at Apr 06, 2018, 03:04 PM
    Sorry - also - just checking things try this:

&thread=`article-b3-[[*id]]`

Instead of:
    &thread=`article-3-[[*id]]`

No difference unfortunately. Have used:

[[!QuipReply? &thread=`article-b3-[[*id]]` &preHooks=`recaptchav2` &closeAfter=`0` &moderate=`1` &requireAuth=`0` &recaptcha=`0` &tplAddComment=`resolveQuipAddComment` ]]

and cleared cache via core\cache and MODX menu option. [ed. note: [email protected] last edited this post 5 years, 11 months ago.]
      • 1,118 Posts
      Are the comments getting added to quip at all when you submit a comment?
        • 11 Posts
        Quote from: dubbs at Apr 06, 2018, 07:43 PM
        Are the comments getting added to quip at all when you submit a comment?

No, nothing is appearing in the Unapproved Comments tab (or Latest Comments).
          • 11 Posts
          Just to check, I have just turned off Recaptcha in Blog > Advanced Settings > Security > ReCaptcha = No and comments submit fine.
            • 1,118 Posts
            Quote from: [email protected] at Apr 09, 2018, 03:34 PM
            Just to check, I have just turned off Recaptcha in Blog > Advanced Settings > Security > ReCaptcha = No and comments submit fine.

Hi David - I dont understand your message - with recaptcha turned off in the blog settings it now works?
              • 11 Posts
              Quote from: dubbs at Apr 09, 2018, 03:36 PM
              Quote from: [email protected] at Apr 09, 2018, 03:34 PM

Hi David - I dont understand your message - with recaptcha turned off in the blog settings it now works?

Sorry, Dubbs - just to be clear, I just wanted to make sure that the basic process of submitting comments was still working OK when Recaptcha is turned off in case there was a fundamental issue with submitting comments that was not related to Recaptcha.
                • 1,118 Posts
                I think the setting in Articles to use recaptcha is solely connected to the recaptchav1 system only. If you turn this off in the Articles settings does it hide your recaptchaV2 element in your comments from appearing / functioning?
                  • 11 Posts
                  Quote from: dubbs at Apr 09, 2018, 03:46 PM
                  I think the setting in Articles to use recaptcha is solely connected to the recaptchav1 system only. If you turn this off in the Articles settings does it hide your recaptchaV2 element in your comments from appearing / functioning?

The form still appears until I remove / comment out the [[!QuipReply?... line from resolveQuipComment. The form also still submits, but does so with or without ticking the Recaptcha box (which would suggest that the Recaptcha form is being ignored anyway). So it's basically just parsing the code required to display the Recaptcha form, with it having no impact / relation to the submission process. At least that's how it seems to me smiley
                    • 1,118 Posts
                    I think you should have a test to make sure your recaptchav2 is installed and working ok - https://modx.com/extras/package/recaptchav2 gives an example for a formit test - can you try that and see if it works on a formit form?
                      • 11 Posts
                      Quote from: dubbs at Apr 09, 2018, 03:59 PM
                      I think you should have a test to make sure your recaptchav2 is installed and working ok - https://modx.com/extras/package/recaptchav2 gives an example for a formit test - can you try that and see if it works on a formit form?

Thanks, Dubbs - I'll give this a go tomorrow.