We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 68 Posts
    I have two separate Modx 2.5.2 installs on a single shared server. Both of them show nothing under the Resources tab. Elements and Files work fine. This happened a few weeks ago. I thought it was a cache issue but nothing I do seems to resolve it.

I tried:

1) Flushed browser cache and tried different computers and browsers
    2) Cleared ModX cache.
    3) Deleted core/cache folders.
    4) Upgraded one of them to 2.5.8

This is baffling since it's happening on both installs even though they are running two different instances of ModX with two different databases. Now one of them is still on 2.5.2 and the other is 2.5.8.

Any ideas?

• 68 Posts
      Update 1: The resource tree reappeared on a couple of isolated occasions. Logging in and out makes it reappear but not every time.

Update 2: I thought a plug-in might be a problem so I went into Extras and I upgraded Formit. After the upgrade, the entire list of plug-ins is missing.

Update 3: I also (unsuccessfully) tried the compres_js and compress_css fix as suggested here: https://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=84286&page=1

This is extremely frustrating because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the problem. [ed. note: hhk222 last edited this post 6 years, 5 months ago.]
        • 68 Posts
        Last update for now. I need to take a break.

When I turn on console in Chrome, I get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: this.mask.addClass is not a function
        at S.onShow (modx.window.js:60)
        at S.afterShow (ext-all.js:21)
        at S.show (ext-all.js:21)
        at Object.show (ext-all.js:21)
        at MODx.onAjaxException (modx.js:122)
        at h.Event.fire (ext-all.js:21)
        at Ext.data.Connection.fireEvent (ext-all.js:21)
        at Ext.data.Connection.handleFailure (ext-all.js:21)
        at f (ext-base.js:21)
        at m (ext-base.js:21)
          • 24,544 Posts
          One thing to try would be to add a bogus query variable to the manager url

current url ?current args&x=123

That should force the browser to reload the JS (which may not have been reloaded after you turned off compress_js).

I doubt if it will help, but the this.mask.addClass line is in this file:

manager\assets\modext\widgets\core\modx.window.js

I think it has to do with beautifying some animations in the Manager.

It's in the onShow function, so you could try just commenting out that line (60) or the whole inside of the function.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting