We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    It looks like you have a plugin attached to OnManagerPageBefore (render?).

If you disable that plugin (you can do it in the DB if necessary in the modx_site_plugins table), and clear the cache manually, you should be able to run setup and your problem may be solved (assuming that you have no other problem plugins).

It's not a bad idea to disable your plugins in the Manager before moving a site.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 22 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at May 13, 2017, 05:26 AM
      It looks like you have a plugin attached to OnManagerPageBefore (render?).

If you disable that plugin (you can do it in the DB if necessary in the modx_site_plugins table), and clear the cache manually, you should be able to run setup and your problem may be solved (assuming that you have no other problem plugins).

It's not a bad idea to disable your plugins in the Manager before moving a site.

I can´t find any plugin attached to OnManagerPageBefore (render)
      Now I disabled all of the plugins in the modx_site_plugins - nontheless babel still is visible in the broken manager -why?
      Not all of the installed plugins show in that table - why?
      I cleared the complete modx_sessions table (just in case)
      deleted for the 1000th time the cache manually via ftp
      resolved the mismatch of the character settings

Still the Manager just shows "undefined"

There is an evil voice in my head getting louder every day calling "wooordpress...."
        • 24,544 Posts
        Did you manage to run Setup?

Have you tried visiting with the browser in private or incognito mode? Sometimes a cookie can mess up the Manager.
          My MODX Extras
          • 22 Posts
          Quote from: BobRay at May 17, 2017, 07:31 PM
          Did you manage to run Setup?

Have you tried visiting with the browser in private or incognito mode? Sometimes a cookie can mess up the Manager.

Yes, I did run the setup countless times and visited the page with the browser in any possible way. Tried three different browsers, in normal and incognito mode.
            • 24,544 Posts
            We're grasping at straws at this point, but do you by any chance have site_url or base_url System Settings, Context Settings, or User Settings? Those could be left over from Babel and could cause this problem.

Have you tried reloading the Manager page with Chrome Dev. tools turned on (Ctrl-shift-i) and watching the Network tab? That may point you to a file that's not being found.

Also, check the manager_theme System Setting and make sure it's set to: default

If none of that works, I'd suspect a leftover piece of Babel somewhere.
              My MODX Extras
              • 22 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at May 19, 2017, 05:22 AM
              We're grasping at straws at this point, but do you by any chance have site_url or base_url System Settings, Context Settings, or User Settings? Those could be left over from Babel and could cause this problem.

Have you tried reloading the Manager page with Chrome Dev. tools turned on (Ctrl-shift-i) and watching the Network tab? That may point you to a file that's not being found.

Also, check the manager_theme System Setting and make sure it's set to: default

If none of that works, I'd suspect a leftover piece of Babel somewhere.

Hi BobRay,

sorry for the late reply, but I had to work on other projects for a while.

Indeed I did find some site_url and base_url entries in the context-settings. I knew about them because babel needs them for the three different languages and context-settings.
              I now changed all the original Domain-Entries in the whole Database export via "search & replace" in my text-editor and imported the database after that - with no improvement - and of course cleared the cache, rerun the setup, and so on...

Manager-Theme ist set to default

The Chrome Dev. tools show mostly 200 and 304 status, only one 404-error caused by a "s.gif" - I don´t think that´s a real issue.
              But a few JS-Errors with the following files:
              modx.config.js.php - SyntaxError: expected expression, got ';'
              multiuploaddialog.js - TypeError: MODx.config["upload_files"] is undefined
              modx.tree.js - unreachable code after return statement
              modx.js - TypeError: MODx.user is undefined
              ext-all.js - TypeError: MODx.user is undefined

Could this be a hint?
                • 24,544 Posts
                One thing that comes to mind is turning off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings if you haven't already (in the DB if necessary -- in the modx_system_settings table).

Do you have a JSLint add-on in your browser?

Have you tried visiting the site with the browser in incognito or private mode, in case it's a leftover cookie or something in the browser cache?

Did you transfer the files MODX individually with FTP? That often results in a missing or corrupted file.

You can also try repairing all the tables in the DB, though I wouldn't think they'd cause JS errors.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 22 Posts
                  I did all that and mentioned it in my earlier postings.
                  - Turned of compress_js and compress_css
                  - Visited the site with different browsers in all possible modes

And yes, I did transfer the files with FTP. I never had problems with this method since working with MODX (about 7 years), so I don´t think it´s the cause of the problem here.

And no JSLint add-on in the Browser (whatever that is by the way..)

My conclusion and the end of this thread for me: I give up. End.
                  I will do the necessary changes in a life-project instead of a copy, what I really really hate to do.
                  My recommendation to everyone: NEVER EVER try to move a multilingual page made with BABEL. It just does not work properly.
                  Another great issue with BABEL: it´s not possible to do proper 301 redirects, as me and other users had to find out here in the forums.
                  Sorry, but I´m really frustrated.
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Sorry about the trouble. Since you've eliminated most other issues, my money would be on a missing or corrupted file as a result of the FTP transfer. You'd be surprised at the number of reports of this over the years.

See this for a faster and more reliable method: https://bobsguides.com/modx-upgrade-faq.html. It's about upgrading, but the process to install the files is the same.

You did re-run setup, right?

My MODX Extras