We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    This has happened on all my MODx EVO sites (dozens of them) after upgrading from 1.0.15 to 1.1 and the same thing has now happened after upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2.1. Here's the issue:

THE PROBLEM: After upgrading the MODx EVOLUTION, I try to log in to the manager and I get the popup that says: "Incorrect username or password entered!".

I am positive I have the username and password correct. If I use the forgot password thing, I do get an email and the link in the email takes me directly into the MODx manager so I can change my password. All that works great. But if I log out, I am no longer able to log back in.

Several months ago I was able to resolve this issue by editing the manager/processors/login.processor.php file, but I can't remember what I did. I remember reading something on the MODx forums about it, I believe, but I can't find that post anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• 388 Posts
      Mate I had a similar problem few weeks ago.

What i did:

1. backup
      2. save the file: /manager/includes/config.inc.php
      3. delete the folder /manager
      4. unpack a new modx on the root so you will have a new manager folder
      5. put the file: /manager/includes/config.inc.php inside the new folder
      6. run the update

hope is clear and works.
      cheers mate
        --
        ysanmiguel.com
        • 8 Posts
        Thank you ysanmiguel for the reply, but that did not work. I followed your steps exactly and I still get the same problem.
        • discuss.answer
          • 8 Posts
          I figured it out, thanks to this post: https://forums.modx.com/thread/95937/password-bug-if-special-chars-in-password-can-t-login. Apparently, this bug was never resolved.

The ampersand I had in my manager password was causing the issue. I changed the password to one that does not contain an ampersand and now it works as expected. I'll file a bug report again.

• discuss.answer
            • 953 Posts
            The bug is listed here: https://github.com/modxcms/evolution/issues/391

I will re-open it and reference your post