We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I'm not sure that getResources is the culprit, though if you really have &proceedTVs=`1` in the tag, it might be. It should be &processTVs=`1`.

Try removing the &debug property (it's not really very helpful in this situation and might be causing the problem).

Try turning on Chrome Dev. tools (Ctrl-shift-i) and watching the Network tab. Drill down (click on a request and check the response tab at the right) to see the response to each request. If it's bad, it can cause the WSOD.

Are you running any accelerator software (varnish, eAccelerator, apc, cloudflare)? If so you might try turning it off.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 33 Posts
      Hey,
      Thank you @BobRay for your help. Indeed there was a typo in my getResources parameter, though it was not causing the WSOD.

I think I finally solved the problem, which was rather caused by Wayfinder. My call was like [!Wayfinder?......]] and I had to remove the !
      And it was written in the doc... my bad!
      Mind that in Revolution, snippets must be called with [[Wayfinder? &...]] instead of [!Wayfinder? &...!].

It seems like there's no more blank page... now crossing my fingers for the next few days smiley

Thx again for leading me here!
        • 24,544 Posts
        I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
          My MODX Extras
          • 33 Posts
          Hi,
          Unfortunately I have to come back here a few days later! sad

As I said, I have a few websites built on Revo (2.4.2). On some of them, I totally got rid of my WSOD issue - I can't even reproduce it by pressing F5 for a (very) long time.
          However, on 2 other websites, the problem resurfaced - and I can reproduce it quite easily (with the same "F5 technique"). It is still somehow caused by Wayfinder : deleting everything but the main menu actually makes it work - while on the other hand, when I leave the menu alone in the template, I'm able to get a blank page.

Thing is, the syntax is EXACTLY the same between the affected sites and the healthy ones.
          [[Wayfinder? &startId=`1` &level=`1` &outerTpl=`WFD_outerTpl` &rowTpl=`WFD_rowTpl`]]

MODx and Wayfinder versions are also identical.

I'm running out of ideas, this is driving me crazy!
            • 24,544 Posts
            Do either of the Tpl chunks contain snippet tags?

Are there any plugins attached to front-end page-load events?

Upgrading to 2.4.4 is worth a try.

My MODX Extras
              • 33 Posts
              WFD_outerTpl
              <ul>
              [[+wf.wrapper]]
              </ul>

WFD_rowTpl
              <li id="menuElt[[+wf.docid]]"><a href="[[+wf.link]]"[[+wf.classes]]>[[+wf.linktext]]</a>[[+wf.wrapper]]</li>

I just tried upgrading to 2.5.0 and it didn't change anything.
              Still reproducing the blank page with the Wayfinder call and nothing else, while I never get it when I delete the call in the template. [ed. note: youfff last edited this post 7 years, 11 months ago.]