We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Hey,
    I'm having some issues with a few websites built on Revo 2.4.

They randomly break down (white screen, nothing else to see!). Sometimes I can access the manager, sometimes i can't. The logfile is empty when it happens.
    Anyway, the only "solution" i found by reading the forums is to manually delete the cache folder... But the problem always comes back after a few days, so it's a real lost for my clients. I didn't find any way to FIX that, though.

I've used Modx EVO for 5 years without having this kind of troubles ever. Should I just go back to it? sad
      • 953 Posts
      The option to use Evo is there - it was updated to 1.1 at the end of February and it is continuously being developed

Take a look at GitHub, there have been tons of updates + changes made to the 1.1 develop version since release

There will hopefully be a release candidate shortly for 1.1.1

My personal opinion and experience - I have no need for Revo, I can accomplish everything with the latest version of Evo
        • 33 Posts
        @iusemodx, thanks for giving your opinion!
        I keep using Evo too for most projects, it is great indeed. However I really like how easy it is to manage multi TVs with Revo (using MIGx) - for instance to create galleries. As far as you're concerned, how do you deal with it in Evo ? Creating lists of resources can be a pain in the *ss, so I would love to avoid doing it in Evo as well!
          • 5,888 Posts
          Never have had an issue like that with Revo. Which version are you using 2.4.0 ?
          You should try to upgrade to the latest 2.4.4 or 2.5 and see, if you still have that issues.
            -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
            • 33 Posts
            @Bruno17 I already had the same issue when I was using 2.2, so I upgraded to 2.4.0 for some of them, 2.4.2 for others, with no success.
            I might upgrade to 2.5 but I'm afraid it won't solve anything.
              • 5,888 Posts
              any special settings, plugins, other extras running, which could cause that issues?
                -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
                • 33 Posts
                Wayfinder, TinyMCE, MIGX, FormIt, Ace... nothing fancy!
                  • 24,544 Posts
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 33 Posts
                    Thanks @BobRay, however I didn't find any solution there sad

By the way, I already read your article (http://bobsguides.com/blog.html/2015/11/16/the-modx-white-screen-of-death/) but changing the 'debug' value to -1 doesn't give me anything. I still get complete white screens, with no error showing up.
                      • 33 Posts
                      I just managed to reproduce the error on one of the websites (by pressing F5 for a longtime).
                      It allowed me to identify that the WSOD was, in this case, caused by getResources.

[[!getResources? &parents=`2` &tpl=`whatever` &includeTVs=`1` &proceedTVs=`1` &includeContent=`1` &limit=`1` &debug=`1`]]

All I get in the logfile is :
                      [2016-05-12 12:40:14] (ERROR @ /index.php) context for 2 is web
                      [2016-05-12 12:40:14] (ERROR @ /index.php) SELECT `modResource`.`id`, `modResource`.`type`, `modResource`.`contentType`, `modResource`.`pagetitle`, `modResource`.`longtitle`, `modResource`.`description`, `modResource`.`alias`, `modResource`.`link_attributes`, `modResource`.`published`, `modResource`.`pub_date`, `modResource`.`unpub_date`, `modResource`.`parent`, `modResource`.`isfolder`, `modResource`.`introtext`, `modResource`.`content`, `modResource`.`richtext`, `modResource`.`template`, `modResource`.`menuindex`, `modResource`.`searchable`, `modResource`.`cacheable`, `modResource`.`createdby`, `modResource`.`createdon`, `modResource`.`editedby`, `modResource`.`editedon`, `modResource`.`deleted`, `modResource`.`deletedon`, `modResource`.`deletedby`, `modResource`.`publishedon`, `modResource`.`publishedby`, `modResource`.`menutitle`, `modResource`.`donthit`, `modResource`.`privateweb`, `modResource`.`privatemgr`, `modResource`.`content_dispo`, `modResource`.`hidemenu`, `modResource`.`class_key`, `modResource`.`context_key`, `modResource`.`content_type`, `modResource`.`uri`, `modResource`.`uri_override`, `modResource`.`hide_children_in_tree`, `modResource`.`show_in_tree`, `modResource`.`properties` FROM `sple_site_content` AS `modResource` WHERE ( modResource.parent IN (2,7) AND `modResource`.`deleted` = 0 AND `modResource`.`published` = 1 AND `modResource`.`hidemenu` = 0 ) ORDER BY publishedon DESC LIMIT 1

It seems to be some info, not some errors... Any idea why it ends with a blank page?!