We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 131 Posts
    new error in default installation

apache log says

[Sat Dec 1 01:54:46 2007] [error] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’&’, expecting T_VARIABLE or ’$’ in /home/u43221/industry.siemens.ru/www/assets/modules/temailer/mailsetup.php on line 8

go there and remove & at position 42

I have php4 and i made it work

changed mysqlphpgrid.class.php with other one found here http://www.phpclasses.org/discuss/package/3444/thread/1/ and downloaded from here http://www.w3software.co.in/downloads/mysqlphpgrid.class.php

renamed updatefunction and changed path to images.

seems to work now

update: renewed atachment

seemed to fix error [Sat Dec 1 02:35:11 2007] [error] PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for showtable() in /home/u43221/industry.siemens.ru/www/assets/modules/temailer/MySQLPHPGrid/mysqlphpgrid.class.php on line 61
      Как русифировать Modx 0.9.6.1(QuickEdit, TinyMCE)
      QuickEdit под win-1251 без mb_-функций
      • 7,075 Posts
      How did I miss this one ?

I’ll definitely get down to reading that thread and testing !!!
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 131 Posts
        Quote from: davidm at Nov 30, 2007, 11:01 PM

How did I miss this one ?

I’ll definitely get down to reading that thread and testing !!!

talking to me?
          Как русифировать Modx 0.9.6.1(QuickEdit, TinyMCE)
          QuickEdit под win-1251 без mb_-функций
          • 11 Posts
          Quote from: Aramaki at Nov 30, 2007, 10:59 PM

update: renewed atachment

seemed to fix error [Sat Dec 1 02:35:11 2007] [error] PHP Warning: Missing argument 1 for showtable() in /home/u43221/industry.siemens.ru/www/assets/modules/temailer/MySQLPHPGrid/mysqlphpgrid.class.php on line 61

Thanks for the fix! That works awesome.

I had downloaded this module and soon came upon the errors, so I was glad to find your post.

Thanks for saving me some time fixing a module that, from first try, seems like it will serve me well.
            • 11 Posts
            Hi, is anyone else having problems with template variables and document variables other than [*content*].

TE Mailer seems to parse the [*content*] tag, but I’m also using [*alias*] and my own template variable [*newsletter_issue*] and it doesn’t parse those.

Everything looks fine when I open the document in my browser. However, when TE Mailer sends it, the [*alias*] & [*newsletter_issue*] tags display exactly as is, they are not replaced with the appropriate variables.

Obviously (jr. member status) I’m kind of a newbie. Any help would be appreciated.
              • 11 Posts
              Ok, here is what I came up with:

To use the doc var [*alias*]

Changed assets>modules>temailer>ajax>send.php
              Found in line 38 -> "//replace template variables for proper output".

Below line 40, I added:
              $body = insert('alias', $doc['alias'],$body);
              - Pretty straight forward

[*alias*] now works fine!

To use my template var [*newsletter_issue*]

Added the following right after the above fix in assets>modules>temailer>ajax>send.php:

$tv=$modx->getTemplateVarOutput('newsletter_issue',$id,'1');
              $body = insert('newsletter_issue',$tv['newsletter_issue'],$body);

Then got error saying that document.parser.class.inc.php (on line 1885) couldn’t include manager/includes/tmplvars.format.inc.php

Looked at document.parser.class.inc.php and found the line (1884) where the base path is set. Couldn’t figure out what was wrong

So I changed line 1884 to:
              $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/home/(mysharedserver)/domains/(mydomain)/html/manager/includes";

Now it works. Only thing is I don’t know if it’ll screw anything else up.

So far looks fine.
                • 57 Posts
                @Aramaki

Thanks for the fix!!!! You saved the day kiss
                  • 57 Posts
                  hmmm....now I cant delete users from temailer....Does anyone have this problem???
                    • 11 Posts
                    Quote from: dlolsen at Jan 07, 2008, 09:45 PM

So I changed line 1884 to:
                    $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/home/(mysharedserver)/domains/(mydomain)/html/manager/includes";

Now it works. Only thing is I don’t know if it’ll screw anything else up.

So far looks fine.

-Update- Everything still looks fine.
                      • 372 Posts
                      Hello,

I needed a small mailer for signup and newsletters. But I needed to have multiple lists. So I made a small addition to the snippet to support mailing groups. This is not intended to do a mass mailing. I am working on a shopping cart and I will add the successful purchases to a mailing list (if they agree to be added) so I can send them updates. Or create a list for people who want to get promotions. I like the approach of TE Mailer, because I like to be able to have the emails in MODx and not have the list taken from the web users.

I did not read the forum before I started adding code, so if you added and fixes you will have to do them again with my attachment. Apologies to the author and any other php programmer, I just copied and pasted what was already there.

Enjoy.
                        DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
                        DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
                        gus -- Google URL Shortener
                        makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
                        MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.