We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 416 Posts
    Quote from: sottwell at Aug 25, 2015, 05:08 PM
    I suspect that has to do with your PHP version. Closures (anonymous functions) are available since PHP 5.3

http://php.net/manual/en/functions.anonymous.php

I've updated php to current version on the server, updater is working perfectly.
      • 416 Posts
      I just installed the latest version of updater 0.2.13-beta. Again the notifier caused a problem due to php version.

My server is running PHP 5.4 (FastCGI). I'm hoping to get to 5.6 soon, but Hostmonster php 5.6 build is breaking all my sites and I've had to downgrade to keep them running. Working to resolve.

In any case, had I not seen this problem before I wouldn't have know where to start. It would be nice to have a version check during installation to prevent this.
        • 60 Posts
        Just released the next version of the Updater extra: v0.3.6-beta.

This version now does not block any more the dashboard loading when it refreshes its data. Instead it will show up some information and asynchronosly refresh its state after the dashboard is loaded.

All other fixes and enhancements can be viewed in the changelog.
        • I've just installed v0.3.6-beta on two sites and in both instances the Updater widget now displays the message:

Update information outdated
          Update state is outdated and needs a refresh.

for both the core & extras. Clicking the Refresh button doesn't seem to do anything.

MODX version 2.4.2-pl, PHP 5.4

Is anyone else seeing this?
            • 26 Posts
            Same for me.

I'm also getting a weird error on the website itself, all the way on the bottom:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /Users/Hugo/Localhost/grow-organics/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/22.include.cache.php on line 40

That's coming from the Updater Notifier plugin..
            • That's being patched even as we speak. In the meantime, simply disable the notifier plugin (plugin #22 in your installation)
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 60 Posts
                Quote from: tonkatrucker at Jan 05, 2016, 07:51 PM
                I've just installed v0.3.6-beta on two sites and in both instances the Updater widget now displays the message:

Update information outdated
                Update state is outdated and needs a refresh.

for both the core & extras. Clicking the Refresh button doesn't seem to do anything.

MODX version 2.4.2-pl, PHP 5.4

Is anyone else seeing this?

This bug is fixed in 0.3.7-beta. It occurred if any other widget was loading a deprecated JQuery Version (<1.7). You may check the other extras providing widgets (e.g. BigBrother) and report that to the extras authors. They should update their JQuery libraries.
                  • 60 Posts
                  Quote from: suikerzout at Jan 07, 2016, 06:13 PM
                  Same for me.

I'm also getting a weird error on the website itself, all the way on the bottom:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /Users/Hugo/Localhost/grow-organics/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/22.include.cache.php on line 40

That's coming from the Updater Notifier plugin..

This bug should also be fixed with 0.3.7-beta. It does not occur on all systems and cannot be reliably reproduced. Please provide feedback if the new version now works as expected or still errors exist.
                    • 26 Posts
                    Thanks @inreti, the call to non-object error is gone now smiley
                    • There is an issue with Updater 0.3.7. The connector is written to and called from /connectors/. That should be changed to /assets/components/updater/