We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    I can't resist another plug for MyComponent. It automatically converts static elements to non-static ones when you export the objects. wink
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 60 Posts
      Update: latest version Updater 0.2.12-beta fixes bug with open basedir restriction. Plugins are now non-static.
        • 416 Posts
        I just updated one of my sites with this version and noticed this in the error log.
         [2015-06-24 08:43:28] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not open file for reading: isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.3.3-pl
        [2015-06-24 08:43:28] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
        [2015-06-24 08:43:28] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not transfer package isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip to /home1/xxxxxxx/public_html/modx-9-24-13/core/packages/.
        [2015-06-24 08:44:08] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not open file for reading: isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.3.3-pl
        [2015-06-24 08:44:08] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
        [2015-06-24 08:44:08] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not transfer package isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip to /home1/xxxxxxx/public_html/modx-9-24-13/core/packages/.

The package referenced is one I created using Packman and manually uploaded so I'm not really surprised to see this. Just thought I'd share.
          • 416 Posts
          So I cleared the error log, went back to the modx dashboard and back to the error log and I see this. The previous error is no longer there.

[2015-06-24 08:52:00] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not open file for reading: isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip?revolution_version=Revolution-2.3.3-pl
          [2015-06-24 08:52:00] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) MODX could not download the file. You must enable allow_url_fopen, cURL or fsockopen to use remote transport packaging.
          [2015-06-24 08:52:00] (ERROR @ /modx-9-24-13/manager/index.php) Could not transfer package isotope-1.0-beta1.transport.zip to /home1/xxxxxx/public_html/modx-9-24-13/core/packages/.

• 24,544 Posts
            Terry, that usually means that you've removed that transport package file manually rather than in Package Manager. When you do it that way, the transport file is gone, but the record for the package in the DB is still there and causes the cascade of error messages as PM tries to find the file, then tries to download it from the repo. When you do "search locally for packages" it registers the package in the DB. Removing the package in Package Manager clears the DB entry.

To get rid of the errors, you can delete the record from the modx_transport_package table manually, or you can just upload the file again, "search locally for packages," then remove it properly in Package Manager.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 416 Posts
              Well that's weird. I don't recall deleting it manually, I know what problems that can cause and I still want to keep it installed. So I just re uploaded the package file, cleared the log and I'm good to go.

Thanks Bob!
                • 534 Posts
                Great Extra, keep'em coming =)!

Is the code somewhere on github? Couldnt find a repo or maybe didn't look at the right place...
                  • 60 Posts
                  Quote from: exside at Jul 08, 2015, 06:49 PM
                  Great Extra, keep'em coming =)!

Is the code somewhere on github? Couldnt find a repo or maybe didn't look at the right place...

Hello exside, unfortunately not yet on github. As you are not the first one asking, I will hurry up and set up a repo for this.
                  Did you find any bugs or do you have a feature request? Feel free to post it here until issues can be filed at github.
                    • 416 Posts
                    Is this supposed to show Pre-releases that are available? I'm seeing this on the dashboard of a client site.

System update available!
                    v2.3.5-pl ⇝ v2.4.0-rc1
                    Release Notes

I expect this will confuse clients about when an update should be applied.
                      • 60 Posts
                      Hey Terry,

you are perfectly right. I was just thinking of adding a setting to configure that. Something like "only notify about production releases"...

Will be in the upcoming version!

Update: anyway, the dashboard widget could add a small hint describing the "problem" for unexperienced users...