We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Bobray. I'll find out about that. It should not just default to checked but just post the state it was in before. If unchecked it should remain unchecked. I'll look into that one soon.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • 40 Posts
      Hey Jay. Any news about this?
        • 1,154 Posts
        I am also hoping we could get this problem of too many emails fixed.
          • 196 Posts
          I'm also curious about this.
            • 1,154 Posts
            I think, more than anything, what this forum and community needs is some tutorials, first steps and best practices, provided front and center so newbies can find them quickly and use them to get going.

Give you one example, multiple languages. I, like many users, needed them, and didn't have them, had to fix.

Well, fixing can be a pain. And if there was just a setup guide for multi language, (which was findable of course), a lot of trouble could be avoided, because *all* you have to know is to make sure your collations are right in the mysql when setting up, the key is pretty simple, 3-5 sentences of info for admins when establishing databases and doing admin stuff.

Right now, some of these documents exist, but you will be lucky to find them.

However right now I think first step is to help our biggest helpers, that email thing sounds horribly annoying.
              • 1,154 Posts
              Jay, I think I have solved the problem that BobRay was talking about, here:

http://forums.modx.com/thread/95866/change-defaults-for-thread-subscribe

I give the specific file to change and how to change. If you could take a moment to go into the Discuss install and change that value it would be appreciated.
              • The code on modx.com unfortunately is not the same and I'd need to see if I can find where it is in modx.com's version. I'll dig in a bit.
                  Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                • I am still unable to find out where this is set in the Discuss version on modx.com. I don't have time to dig any further at this time.
                    • 1,154 Posts
                    And I didn't actually find the solution either...sorry hope we can solve this later.
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Rats. wink

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting