We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    I confirm that I get the same 'Are you sure' confirmation box over and over and over again...
    Very annoying. It's happening when I'm working with articles in firefox 27.

Why do we need to confirm an action anyway? When I click on something, I'm pretty sure I want to go there.
    Is there a way to disable it?

Oh and I also get a 'You have changes pending; are you sure you want to cancel?' after I save an article and want to click on close. Then after I click away that warning, I get another confirmation box with the 'Are you sure..' warning. The manager is full of confirmation boxes. It's just crazy!

Excuse my french, but it really is irritating when you get a confirmation box everytime you do something. Hoping it get's fixed very soon. [ed. note: johnsim last edited this post 10 years, 3 months ago.]
      ~~||[ Simplicity is everything ]||~~
    • You must have never accidentally backspaced after inadvertently mousing out of the field (since Win 7 for me, decent palm check has been pitiful at best), or clicked just a bit too far right of a parent resource's arrow and lost work.

I've been wishing for this back and lost enough work for so long that the extra clicks aren't bothering me in the least. I can actually say it's saved my bacon at least three times already.

Anyway, try the patch on page 3 of this thread.
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 58 Posts
        Been there in the past. But no not since the last decade, I have the habbit of hitting ctrl+s after every stop/change.

But that bugfix of Mark sounds excellent! Having the choice of enabling or disabling it.

I'll try it out tonight.

[EDIT]
        Commenting out these lines in '/manager/assets/modext/widgets/resource/modx.panel.resource.js' works good enough for me (I don't need the feature anyway):
        // Prevent accidental navigation when stuff has not been saved
        /*var panel = this;
        window.onbeforeunload = function() {
            if (panel.isDirty()) return _('unsaved_changes');
        };*/

Resource:
        forums.modx.com/thread/88004/do-you-realy-want-to-leave-this-page--warning-im-manager?page=4 [ed. note: johnsim last edited this post 10 years, 3 months ago.]
          ~~||[ Simplicity is everything ]||~~
          • 338 Posts
          I'm getting this bug in Articles 1.7.6 in Modx 2.2.14

It doesn't happen in regular resources just Articles

Any hacks available?