We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • We buckled down and converted from Ext 1.1 to 2.0. That means there will be a slight delay for the public beta, but it’s the right thing to do honestly. In the interim, we also made some documentation for how 097 uses Ext: http://docs.modxcms.com/modext/
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 7,075 Posts
      Quote from: rthrash at Jan 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
      We buckled down and converted from Ext 1.1 to 2.0.

Woot shocked
      My understanding was, that wouldn’t make it, that’s a GREAT news Ryan ! It’s really huge...

(and great effort on the doc !)

Kudos Shaun grin
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 177 Posts
        is there any way to export the 097 docs into PDF format. I’d like to have it on my phone so I can read up on it. This would help me personally to become familiar enough with the project to contribute in a deeper way. I’m not always at my computer but I do have time to read. Thanks Guys I’m really really excited about this, it looks absolutely stunning.
        • Quote from: seventhapex at Jan 29, 2008, 12:11 AM

is there any way to export the 097 docs into PDF format. I’d like to have it on my phone so I can read up on it. This would help me personally to become familiar enough with the project to contribute in a deeper way. I’m not always at my computer but I do have time to read. Thanks Guys I’m really really excited about this, it looks absolutely stunning.
          As a matter of fact, yes, though I had yet to try it and check the results until you asked. It’s very ugly and raw atm and very incomplete in the tutorial sections especially, but, it’s something...

http://docs.modxcms.com/documentation.pdf

We’ll work on improving it...

P.S. HTML documentation has been updated as well at http://docs.modxcms.com/
            • 177 Posts
            Word!.. I’ll be looking at it on a PDA so it doesn’t have to be terribly pretty. Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate it very much.
              • 5 Posts
              Hi guys,

i’ve been away for quite a long time... (so long that I had to create a new account to post this ;-)
              In the meantime I found such a big bunch of new tech, from Adobe AIR to OpenLaszlo (great stuff, imho) that I just want to coin this:
              Are the times of CMSes already over? Even before we’ve seen the long awaited MODx 1.0? Aren’t we in a new dimension of application development instead of somehow old-fashioned site-maintenance?

would like to read your comments...
              silentio aka silent aka (forgot my first name)
                • 1,624 Posts
                can you elaborate on Adobe Air?

How can it replace modx

Thx
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Quote from: silentio at Apr 29, 2008, 09:01 PM

Hi guys,

i’ve been away for quite a long time... (so long that I had to create a new account to post this ;-)
                  In the meantime I found such a big bunch of new tech, from Adobe AIR to OpenLaszlo (great stuff, imho) that I just want to coin this:
                  Are the times of CMSes already over? Even before we’ve seen the long awaited MODx 1.0? Aren’t we in a new dimension of application development instead of somehow old-fashioned site-maintenance?

would like to read your comments...
                  silentio aka silent aka (forgot my first name)

Uhm.

No.

There will always be websites that need content management. Adobe AIR was never meant to (nor can) replace that.
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                    • 1,624 Posts
                    I liked OpenLazlo.

Is there a way to mix it with modx?

Thx
                    • MODx could produce the data needed to drive OpenLazlo projects, just like it can produce the XML needed to drive flash UIs. It would not be a trivial process though.
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me