We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Same here tillilab, I'm still getting the problem intermittently for both admin and non-admin users. Flushing permissions and logging out and back in seems to fix it (temporarily) but it recurs apparently at random.

Running Apache under CENTOS:

MySQL 5.5.31
    MODX 2.2.8-pl standard distro
    PHP 5.4.14
    • Hi, let's try to solve it smiley
      Which parameter you have for session_handler_class, "modSessionHandler" or empty?

TilliLab | MODX Ambassador
        website
      • modSessionHandler
        • Thanks, I did some other tests, but modx logs, Apache error.log and so on don't give any usefull information.
          When logged as administrator it's interesting to notice that I can modify chunks, templates etc. but no resources.

I think I'll open a bug...
            website
            • 15 Posts
            We have had the same problem with access denied popping up on save on about 5 sites, all running 2.2.8. Flusing permissions fixes the problem only temporarily. Is there a fix for this yet?
            • Not for me...
              Anyway after flushing for several days...yesterday I noticed some error in modx log like this:

[2013-07-04 21:24:06] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 23000 executing statement:
              INSERT INTO `modx_session` (`id`, `access`, `data`) VALUES ('du7knr7cgtj8s53gf3aul86fj4', 1372965846, 'oIcVLjBdOl9tY7f6aM1_9r8CG5EnGZRiLwUnXUp_yObWLqYT0pZSSoU_xorFvAzV')
              Array
              (
                  [0] => 23000
                  [1] => 1062
                  [2] => Duplicate entry 'du7knr7cgtj8s53gf3aul86fj4' for key 'PRIMARY'
              )

That's strange because at that time I'm sure no one was logged in...
              Do you think this can be related?
                website
              • Another info: the "quick update" works regularly, only the standard editor returns "access denied".
                  website
                  • 53 Posts
                  We are having the same issue since upgrading to 2.2.8
                    • 32 Posts
                    Hi,

i had a similar problem after upgrading to 2.2.8. For me non admin users could not save resources anymore. Even flushing the permissions did not help. I fixed it with deleting /core/cache manually on the server.

Best,

Mike
                    • Thanks for reply,
                      it didn't work for me...

I received a new error that may help: I tried to download the error.log from the manager and I had a blank page with the following error:

{"success":false,"message":"Accesso negato.","total":0,"data":[],"object":{"code":401}}

url: http://www.mysite.com/connectors/system/errorlog.php?action=download&HTTP_MODAUTH=0

website