We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 59 Posts
    I agree with you dubbs - I don't think it can be sandboxed into just the sessions I am involved in when editing as I'm seeing it on all sites - ones that I haven't touched personally for months - so there's no way to control it. However, the one site that I've left on 2.2.6 never skips a beat.
      • 1,118 Posts
      Quote from: phil_w at Feb 10, 2014, 09:50 AM
      I agree with you dubbs - I don't think it can be sandboxed into just the sessions I am involved in when editing as I'm seeing it on all sites - ones that I haven't touched personally for months - so there's no way to control it. However, the one site that I've left on 2.2.6 never skips a beat.

I think it's not local sessions as the issue - I think the issue might lie in the fact that if Gallery has been instigated to create something for the front-end website - e.g. a user somewhere in the world has hit the website and MODx created the resource, then if you happen to login at that time and try and save, this is when it falls over and Access denied issue seems to happen. The fact that it works on local sessions as well is just more obvious - I think... not based on the ability to confirm this though as I have only one IP address to test with... hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
        • 59 Posts
        Yep. I really need to rejig a site using MIGX for slider feeds and uninstall Gallery to see how that fares - its just a time issue!!!!
        • Hi all,

Can anybody experiencing this issue and who wants to test a fix, please look at this commit: https://github.com/garryn/Gallery/commit/16cc6181693

It works for me so far on my testing but would like a wider audience to test and confirm. Cheers smiley
            Garry Nutting
            Senior Developer
            MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
            Twitter: @garryn
            Web: modx.com
            • 15 Posts
            I just tried this fix on 3 sites that always had this issue and no problem so far will try again in the morning to confirm this has worked. Finally (fingers crossed).
              • 15 Posts
              I did another couple of sites and I am still getting the 'access denied', so I'm not sure if this is a fix. Not sure whether you need to clear all caches before trying, will post again in the morning when I try all these sites again.
                • 712 Posts
                Quote from: glenwith1n at Feb 11, 2014, 04:26 AM
                I did another couple of sites and I am still getting the 'access denied', so I'm not sure if this is a fix. Not sure whether you need to clear all caches before trying, will post again in the morning when I try all these sites again.

May want to flush permissions, flush sessions, and clear the cache to be safe.
                  jpdevries
                • What JP said and make sure you're also starting off from a fresh browser instance too ... if there's still problems, please post what version of Revo and Gallery you're using.
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 712 Posts
                    Chrome Incognito windows can be a easy way to test with a "fresh browser".
                      jpdevries
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      And when everything else fails, clear the browser cookies too. A leftover cookie can cause all kinds of weird problems.
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting