We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 247 Posts
    Quote from: Chaot_s at Nov 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
    also,

The way I look for what snippet or other item is causing the error is by just opening the cache file (its just php code) and check the lines around the line that throws the error. this most of the time gives me a good enough hint on what is happening or what snippet / mod is causing the error.

Tha is an excellent idea! I will add that to my debugging repertoire, thank you smiley
      • 247 Posts
      OK, I'm slowly getting there, snippet by snippet. The homepage is now showing. I've updated URL paths in the css file. But menu links still link to a white page, albeit with the correct URL.

Looking at the Error Log, here's a new one:
      [2013-11-25 13:35:31] (ERROR @ /revo1/index.php) Error 42000 executing statement:
      Array
      (
      [0] => 42000
      [1] => 1064
      [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 5' at line 1
      )

[2013-11-25 13:35:33] (ERROR @ /revo1/index.php) Error 42000 executing statement:
      Array
      (
      [0] => 42000
      [1] => 1064
      [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 5' at line 1
      )
      and so on...
      (revo1 is the subdir that contains my modx installation)

Any suggestions as to how to pinpoint this error?
        • 247 Posts
        OK, I'm ignoring the errors above, as they disappear when I continue to change snippets.

I'm now working on a TV which contains @EVAL. This used to use Ditto, and I'm updating it to use getResources.
        (Here's the issue I had with this previously, if you're interested: http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=87353&page=1).

I have replaced my Ditto call with a getResources call:
        @EVAL return $modx->runSnippet('getResources', array('parents'=>32, 'tpl'=>'box-testimonial-Tpl', 'outputSeparator'=>'||', 'orderBy'=>'pagetitle DESC'));

The problem is, my previous TV used an Input Type of "DropDown List Menu", but this has apparently disappeared from Revo 2.2.10...

It is included in the docs for Revo 2.x (http://rtfm.modx.com/revolution/2.x/making-sites-with-modx/customizing-content/template-variables/template-variable-input-types#TemplateVariableInputTypes-DropDownListMenu), and I can't find any mention of this being dropped. Is this a bug or does anyone else see this option missing from 2.2.10??
          • 247 Posts
          OK, I have just found the bug: http://tracker.modx.com/issues/4636

Here, it says:
          Target version set to Revolution-2.1.0-pl
          Resolution set to Won't Fix
          It has been deprecated. Please use the Listbox types.
          So it has been deprecated as of Revo 2.1.0,..... but is still being listed in the docs for Revo 2.x

The documentation is out of date.

We really need to have a more reliable, central, up-to-date source of complete and accurate documentation....