We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    Yep, tried it. No change.

Not sure how I'm going to update the site with this problem. Not really liking MODX right about now.

Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.
      Todd
    • Run a re-install, with a nice clean cache folder. Can you use the server to merge the files?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 708 Posts
        I did try a reinstall of 2.2.5 using the server command line but it doesn't recognize the ditto command. ?? That's another matter. In any case I tried the FTP merge again with 2.2.5 but no difference.

But on my local install I did reinstall 2.2.4 and go figure, everything works again. Wonder of wonders. Guess I'll be reverting the live site to 2.2.4.
          Todd
        • I'm not sure it's a 2.2.5 bug, but perhaps something else. I've got 4 sites running 2.2.5 and none of them have an issue saving, TV's or not.

The FTP merge may not be working for you, or if you used the same unpacked 2.2.5 files to merge, you're merging the same corrupted file. Is there no file manager access at the server? It'd be worth a try to run the extraction of a fresh download of 2.2.5 on the server control panel before you give up on 2.2.5.
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 708 Posts
            Frogabog,

I agree with you, I don't think it's a 2.2.5 issue since I upgraded another 2.2.4 site without problem. However, on this one problem site I tried a fresh local install/upgrade again using the Terminal (command line) but the Save problem persists. It's so odd. Maybe I have a System setting that's wrong, I just don't know, I'm out of ideas. I reverted to 2.2.4 (again) and everything is fine. I hope eventually I can run down the cause of it, I don't want to be stuck at 2.2.4.

Thanks
              Todd
            • There's always an answer.

What's different about this server?

• 708 Posts
                Both servers are 'nix, but I doubt it's a server issue because I have local copies of each site on my Mac using MAMP Pro and it's the same problem. One site was upgraded to 2.2.5 with no problem but the other site for some reason is having trouble. My guess is that it must be specific to the site, not the server.
                  Todd
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Have you tried disabling all plugins?

If that doesn't work, the next thing to try is disabling snippets in your template by putting a space between the opening brackets.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 708 Posts
                    Quote from: BobRay at Oct 28, 2012, 05:44 AM
                    Have you tried disabling all plugins?

I deactivated all plugins and disabled Snippets but nothing changed. The only thing that works is removing all TVs from a given page. Even removing TVs one-by-one doesn't work, it has to be all of them.
                      Todd
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      I'm stumped. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting