We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 255 Posts
    Interstingly, I got around the stalling installation by adding the system variables manually per the list supplied in the documentation. Maybe this will give you a clue where the issues may be.

You can see it in action at http://www.skipngofarm.com. Go easy, the site is still in dev.
      • 29 Posts
      Thanks Harveyev, I also made mine work that way smiley For those how are unsure, here are the settings to create.

--------------------
      4. System Settings
      --------------------
      The following system settings are required for this extra to
      function. They are created during install via the installer
      and they should not be changed unless you know what you are
      doing.

Name: facebook_app_id
      Key: facebook_app_id
      Area: site
      Value: Your Facebook app id which you got from the Facebook
      Developer App .

Name: facebook_app_secret
      Key: facebook_app_secret
      Value: Your Facebook app secret which you got from the Facebook
      Developer App above.

Name: facebook_user_perms
      Key: facebook_user_perms
      Value: The permission your site requires from Facebook users for your
      app to function

Name: fbLogin_usergroups
      Key: fbLogin_usergroups
      Value: A comma delimited list of usergroup names you would like
      newly registered Facebook users to be added to automatically on
      registration.

Name: fbLogin_login_resource_id
      Key: fbLogin_login_resource_id
      Value: The ID of your dedicated login resource.

Name: fbLogin_account_resource_id
      Key: fbLogin_account_resource_id
      Value: The ID of a resource returning users should be directed to
      when they log in.

Name: fbLogin_firstlogin_resource_id
      Key: fbLogin_firstlogin_resource_id
      Value: The ID of a resource newly registered users are taken to after
      registering - it could be used for instance to present a form for them
      to complete their MODX profile.

Name: fbLogin_cancel_resource_id
      Key: fbLogin_cancel_resource_id
      Value: The ID of a resource to take users to when they cancel an action
      on Facebook - usually it will be the ID of your dedicated login resource.
        • 93 Posts
        Thanks folks for the feedback on this. I'm hoping to sit down over the holiday and bang the issues out of this - the feedback here will be really helpful.
          • 29 Posts
          Has anyone elses fblogin suddenly stopped working ? or is it just mine...
            • 29 Posts
            Could anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot or debug this ? I have not changed a thing. The only thing that happened was my server crashed, and I had to reboot , after which it fblogin working. Very strange.......

I have also tried it another site on the same server, and I ave the same problem.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

I have checked my apache logs and I get the below error, however this error was also appearing when it was all working.

/var/www/www.jarnyn.co.uk/core/components/fbLogin/snippets/snippet.fbLogin.php on line 206, referer: http://www.jarnyn.co.uk/
            [Sat Dec 01 13:50:44 2012] [error] [client 94.172.28.238] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: postLoginUrlId in /var/www/www.jarnyn.co.uk/core/components/fbLogin/snippets/snippet.fbLogin.php on line 112, referer: http://www.jarnyn.co.uk/login.html
            [Sat Dec 01 13:50:44 2012] [error] [client 94.172.28.238] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: me in /var/www/www.jarnyn.co.uk/core/components/fbLogin/snippets/snippet.fbLogin.php on line 130, referer: http://www.jarnyn.co.uk/login.html
              • 29 Posts
              For anyone else having this issue. In the end it was a bug in the way Ubuntu 12.04 handles DNS via resolv.conf. When I rebooted my server my DNS entries dissapeared from resolv.conf
              I had to:

edit

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head 

In that file, after the header, put in your info like you would in resolv.conf

nameserver 192.168.1.XXX

Then restart resolvconf

sudo resolvconf -u

:)
              • When I tried to install fbLogin rc3 it seem not to install completely, resulting in not making any entry into the DB that is visible via the system settings link (System -> System Settings). Here is the log output (abd there it stops):
                Console running...
                Attempting to install package with signature: fblogin-1.0-rc3
                Package found...now preparing to install.
                Grabbing package workspace...
                Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
                Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => )
                Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => )
                Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbd )
                Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbr )
                Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbc )
                Attempting to preserve files at C:/wamp/www/traxnigeria/ore/components/fbLogin into archive C:/wamp/www/traxnigeria/ore/packages/fblogin-1.0-rc3/modCategory/f7f0417481f883159de78f224c74a671.0.preserved.zip
                  • 255 Posts
                  Have you tried uninstalling an reinstalling? I assume based on the output this is an upgrade of an older version. If not, you can try to manually input the system seetings. as described below. Worked for two of us that I know of.

On another note, due to the lack of resolution on this I'm going to lok at HybridAuth addon which also supports twitter and Google auth in addtion to FB. Not bitching as beggars can't be chosers. But the additional auth types look attractive. Anyone tried HybridAuth yet?

Quote from: ojchris at Jan 28, 2013, 04:01 PM
                  When I tried to install fbLogin rc3 it seem not to install completely, resulting in not making any entry into the DB that is visible via the system settings link (System -> System Settings). Here is the log output (abd there it stops):
                  Console running...
                  Attempting to install package with signature: fblogin-1.0-rc3
                  Package found...now preparing to install.
                  Grabbing package workspace...
                  Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
                  Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbd )
                  Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbr )
                  Skipping vehicle object of class modResource (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [alias] => fbc )
                  Attempting to preserve files at C:/wamp/www/traxnigeria/ore/components/fbLogin into archive C:/wamp/www/traxnigeria/ore/packages/fblogin-1.0-rc3/modCategory/f7f0417481f883159de78f224c74a671.0.preserved.zip
                  • Harvey thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I decided to start with a fresh install of the lastest MODx version. I might try out the HybridAuth first and give my two cents here asap.
                      • 255 Posts
                      Yeah that doesn't line up with the error messages. Have you looked in the manager or db for any system settings for FB Login? Though not creating the system settings seems to be the root issue with the install. Maybe time to pull the rip cord.

Quote from: ojchris at Jan 28, 2013, 05:53 PM
                      Harvey thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I decided to start with a fresh install of the lastest MODx version. I might try out the HybridAuth first and give my two cents here asap.