We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 165 Posts
    Sometimes it takes time to get comfortable with a new, expanded possibility.
    You got comfortable with revo around the same time as the invitation by the modx expo.
    [ed. note: sitecms last edited this post 11 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 165 Posts
      Why would an Evo Rockstar, go on a free tour and ask to tell people about her Revo Conversion
      that happened to her around 2 months before the first ModxpoEurope announcement ?
        • 177 Posts
        hear hear!

Things do seem to have taken a darker tone around here lately, seems plenty of conspiracy theories are being dreamt up, and things seem a little edgy in some of the comments.

That is a great shame, MODx used to be a fairly friendly place.

Does anyone know if the sessions are being streamed or recorded, I would love to hear Susan speak but might not be able to make it to Utrecht
        • Quote from: bluespark at Sep 06, 2012, 11:51 AM
          hear hear!
          That is a great shame, MODx used to be a fairly friendly place.

It still is. As TimGS rightly points out, public forums are not a place for ad hominem attacks or unfounded accusations. We all want to do great work with the tools that we as individuals love and find most useful. Lets help each other to do that and learn from the different experiences and ideas that we share. Make great web.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
            • 1,098 Posts
            I agree with @Tim and @Jay, attaking people isn't going to add anything to the conversation, the aim of this thread is to decide what is going to happen to MODX Evolution, not what is Susan favorite CMS.
            • Thank you message, Jay.
              I continued the development of Evo lite edition, and began study of Revo recently.
              Because I often learn, this place is fun.

And I must study English...............
                • 165 Posts
                There has seldom been this kind of snarky behavior in the MODx community.
                People - please hold your wild horses. Why all of a sudden all the fuzz ? Actually my question came from reading some posts done in the modx forum no longer as 5 months ago.
                I think some people are short of memory here.

sottwell Reply #14, 5 months ago - members of the MODX team are fictional evil characters plotting against evo - no fuzz here
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=75621&page=2

sottwell Reply #204, 5 months ago - flaming against modx - no fuzz here
                http://forums.modx.com/?action=thread&thread=74766&page=21

And at least, I don´t use words like nazis in my replies.
                sottwell Reply #17, 1 week, 5 days ago
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=78727&page=2

For what it´s worth - I have respect for high skilled (web)coders like Susan and one day I hope to be as good as her.

I wish everybody a nice day and lot´s of success with modx.
                Greetings Brian.
                  • 37 Posts
                  What happened to the concept of Revo being a CPU and memory resource hog. Is that no longer the case?
                  • It continues to improve, and will continue to do so in some quite significant ways.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 37 Posts
                      Funny how everything gets deleted after a reply is deleted. lol

504 Gateway Time-out
                      nginx/0.8.53

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.