We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi,
    is there any news about reincarnation of EVO?

I'm using it for last few years and it has everything I need for my type of clients.
    I have tried Revo few times, but it's not for me at all...I'm extremely fast using Evo and, for example, waiting for tree refresh in Revo is pain...To many animations and nice looking windows for me...xPDO, why, I'm using MySQL for years and not willing to learn something new when I have everything I need right now...

I'm preparing my MODx EVO portfolio, just to show that almost everything is possible without switching to Revo...

Take a look at: www.respot.rs (95% MODx EVO, one WordPress and two OpenCart projects)

Thanx,
    Ivan

P.S. Sorry for multiple posts, I have received:

504 Gateway Time-out
    nginx/0.8.53

so, tried few times to refresh smiley [ed. note: imandickg last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 1,613 Posts
      My reply is not there anymore. Gona change this post after im sure its there, p.s. I got about 15 emails after ur last post lol.
        Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
        • 1,613 Posts
        Double post, I refreshed the gateway 504.

Anyway, @imandickg
        I'm not sure but it looks a bit like you are promoting your own website?

Did you knew about www.clippercms.com ?

My thoughts:
        Modx 3/cloud is too expensive for small business (at least 17$ monthly per site). I respect their choise to use their own hosting but for small business there should be a lower cost option with less space or smt. You can compare it with Ipad Mini right? Less costs but less speed etc. Revo indeed is too slow backend on shared hosting (my experience). I use Evo for 90% of my sites and will continue. It fits my needs (65+ Evo, 3 Revo, 3 Magento, 1 Joomla and 1 Wordpress)

[ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 11 years, 5 months ago.]
          Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
          • 8 Posts
          I couldn't agree more. Evo is light fast and simple to use. I miss all of that in Revo.
            • 172 Posts
            504 Gateway Time-out
            nginx/0.8.53

If you see this, probably no need to refresh - which may just duplicate posts. Just navigate back to the thread and you should see your post.
            • The gateway timeouts will soon be a thing of the past with the new forum design and a ton of optimization we've done. It is problematic in long threads like this. In the interim, going to lock this one down until we push the design live as this issues has been pretty thoroughly at this point. If you're near Utrecht, NL, on Nov 10, you could come hear directly from one of the key early participants and long time community stalwart on why she finally made the switch to Revo. http://modxpo.eu/
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.