We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 120 Posts
    Excellent. I didn’t notice that in the default template. I’m using a custom chunk. I just migrated the div and javascript over, and it works great. Thanks a lot.
      • 398 Posts
      Quote from: jlivingston at Oct 06, 2006, 03:28 PM

Excellent. I didn’t notice that in the default template. I’m using a custom chunk. I just migrated the div and javascript over, and it works great. Thanks a lot.

i’m currently changing the default templates again and get rid of the awful javascript.. backwards compatible ofcourse smiley
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 120 Posts
        Quote from: bS at Oct 06, 2006, 04:09 PM

i’m currently changing the default templates again and get rid of the awful javascript.. backwards compatible ofcourse smiley

How unobtrusive of you. wink You’re doing a great job.
          • 2,310 Posts
          Hello,
          I wondered if it’s possible to post url links through jot?
          I have a school site that want an easy way to put short items and links on the site and News Publisher is too much for them.
          Thanks
          David
            • 398 Posts
            Just edit the form template and the comment template to reflect and URL page.
              Armand Pondman
              MODx Coding Team
              :: Jot :: PHx
              • 2,310 Posts
              I don’t seem to have understood how to install this!
              I think I must have missed some steps.
              I uploaded everything to the assets/snippets/jot directory
              Then created the snippet using jot.snippet
              Used the jot.install.db code in phpMyAdmin
              Tried the standard snippet call on the page
              What I’ve ended up with is the form on the page but it doesn’t post anything to MySql and doesn’t display the results on the page.
              Here’s the page http://sav.org.uk/index.php?id=63
              Can someone point me in the right direction?
              David
                • 4,213 Posts
                Do you call the snippet uncached, eg. [!Jot? ...!] not [[Jot? ...]]

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 2,310 Posts
                  doze,
                  Thanks for that, I was using [[...]]
                  as soon as I changed it to [!...!] it worked.
                  I still don’t understand how to post a comment with a hyperlink that will stay as a clickable hyperlink when the comment appears on the page.
                  Cheers
                  David
                    • 4,213 Posts
                    define new custom field for the link url and in your template make it to be a link;

for example &customfields=`linkurl,linktitle,linktext`

<a href="[+comment.custom.linkurl+]" title="[+comment.custom.linktitle+]">[+comment.custom.linktext+]</a>

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                      • 2,310 Posts
                      Hi doze,
                      Sorry for being obtuse but you’ll have to walk me through it!

define new custom field for the link url and in your template make it to be a link;
                      how and where do I define new custom field and which is the template

for example &customfields=`linkurl,linktitle,linktext`
                      This would be the snippet call?

<a href="[+comment.custom.linkurl+]" title="[+comment.custom.linktitle+]">[+comment.custom.linktext+]</a>
                      Where would I put this?

I only need the actual link to work, no title or text

Thanks
                      David

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.