We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    Yes, I have the exact same problem.
    On my first screenshot it works oke.
    But on the second screenshot, when moving the crop area, then the preview thumbnail doesn't work.
    But when watching the output/frontend, it works oke.

I also tried changing that line and it didn't fix it.

Thanx for looking into this Jako!

Quote from: glynszasz at Sep 20, 2015, 11:03 PM
    Is anyone having issues of not getting a preview thumbnail once the crop has been selected on a image?

If I add a image that is the exact required dimensions (no need for a crop) the thumbnail appears fine within the resource. A image with the incorrect dimensions and proportions that requires a crop does not appear correctly. All I get is a thin 1 or 2 pixel line. All looks good when I crop the image but not the preview within the resource.

When the output of the TV is used, all works as expected.

All advice welcome. Many thanks in advance.

I am using:
    MODX 2.40
    Image + 2.3.4
    pThumb 2.3.3
    PHP 5.4.37 on a Apache server
    [ed. note: mdehaan last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
    • It is a server specific issue. So it is not possible debugging it here, since I don't have that issue. [ed. note: Jako last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
        • 89 Posts
        If you want to, I have a development/testsite where I'm experiencing this problem where you can test on.
        Shall I send you the credentials trough PM?

Quote from: Jako at Sep 21, 2015, 02:06 PM
        It is a server specific issue. So it is not possible debugging it since I don't have that issue here.
          • 141 Posts
          Quote from: Jako at Sep 21, 2015, 02:06 PM
          It is a server specific issue. So it is not possible debugging it here, since I don't have that issue.

Hmmm!!! Jako, I have the site running on my own VPS. Is it
          - a directory permissions issue
          - path to phpthumb issue
          - something else
          - apache version issue

Any suggestions.
            Glyn Szasz
            Sydney, Australia

Happy to help (when can) and happy to learn

If you are a Sydney based MODX developer would love to hear from you. Please contact me.
            • 89 Posts
            I also have it running on my own VPS:
            Configured this website with fast CGI PHP Version 5.4.44
            • I suppose it is some GD Lib or Imagick issue.
              • I suppose it is some GD Lib or Imagick issue.
                  • 89 Posts
                  This problem didn't occur to me before I updated to MODX 2.4.
                  I'll try reverting to a backup from the previous MODX version to check if that solves it.
                  Would this be any help?
                    • 89 Posts
                    I reverted to a backup with MODX 2.3.5-pl and then it works 100% fine.

Quote from: mdehaan at Sep 22, 2015, 07:31 AM
                    I'll try reverting to a backup from the previous MODX version to check if that solves it.
                    Would this be any help?
                      • 141 Posts
                      Quote from: mdehaan at Sep 22, 2015, 07:31 AM
                      Would this be any help?
                      Sadly this current site has all been built within MODX 2.4.

Can I easily downgrade it to 2.3.5pl advanced? I presume that process would be the same as a upgrade except replace the core transport package with the old ones.
                        Glyn Szasz
                        Sydney, Australia

Happy to help (when can) and happy to learn

If you are a Sydney based MODX developer would love to hear from you. Please contact me.