We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    My experience with RC3 is the same. I did a fresh install in my local environment and it all worked fine, but any upgrades did not work properly.

RE 1and1: I've been with them for 5+ years and have had a relatively decent experience, with hosting static html sites, email, and customer service. Uptime isn't the greatest but for the price I can't complain too much. My less than wonderful experiences have been with sites running any cms (and I've tried a lot of them). They just can't seem to deliver the resources needed to run the sites (both front and back end) at proper speed, among other things.
    • The 2.0.0-pl release (now available) should work fine now on 1&1 and MT Grid accounts, both of which were not able to run rc3.
      • Same problem. Just installed on local server

"NetworkError: 400 Bad Request - http://apteka/manager/min/index.php?f=/manager/assets/modext/widgets/security/modx.grid.user.recent.resource.js,/manager/assets/modext/widgets/modx.panel.welcome.js,/manager/assets/modext/sections/welcome.js"
        index....come.js
        and so on

compress_css and compress_js turned to 0
          • 4,149 Posts
          Clear your core/cache/ directory, as that wouldn't appear if compress_js was turned to 0.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • Thanks. I have done it but before installing nightly version. Now is all good.
              • 64 Posts
              Tired installing on a new web host to get away from 1and1. I got a warning that my Suhosin value was too low. Ran install and the manager is still not functioning properly and the resource tree isn't displayed.

I increased the Suhosin value in my php.ini and reinstalled but got the same warning and manager results.
              • Who is the new provider, and did the problem change any from your first description of it?
                  Patrick | Server Wrangler
                  About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                  • 64 Posts
                  new provider is NameCheap. Problem seems the same, but here are the specs of the new host:

php 5.3.8 (different version than 1and1)
                  mysql 5.1.56

I was able to migrate my database and get the front end of the site to work properly but the manager doesn't function.

Update*
                  Looks like this issue may be resolved in 2.2-pl2. I'm uploading the files now and will see.

Update**
                  Installed 2.2-pl2 and it did not resolve the manager issues.

Update***
                  Ended up setting the compress_js to 0 via phpMyadmin, clearing the cache via my ftp app and everything seems to be working. [ed. note: CBorah last edited this post 12 years, 4 months ago.]
                    • 44 Posts
                    Yeah, like CBorah, I've been having the same issues, the main culprit is the paths for MIN to compress the manager javascript, there needs to be a config for that in the main config.inc.php or some way of being able to adjust that! its particularly annoying if you are trying to access the manager from a subdomain alias and MIN gets confused as to the actual path of the files since they are relative paths....

hope this gets fixed in the meantime, its compress_js = 0 for me
                      • 1 Posts
                      For all the one who are searching how to fix that: (as mentioned above but with some details)

Go into the database (table: system_settings) and change the value of the field key: compress_js

Why in the database?
                      This is required, because modx is overwriting the system cache file (...htdocs\core\cache\system_settings\config.cache.php) so you get the porblem again when you try to do it in the backend, but after the system settings change via the database the over writing is important, otherwise you can't change settings.

Good luck. [ed. note: vaganza last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]